MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation) Officers
Type of Appointment:
1 ME Officer in Bălți, with frequent travel on the field
1 ME Officer in Comrat, with frequent travel on the field
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit, international organization founded in the Czech Republic in 1992. From 2009 onwards, PIN has added development programmes to its work in Moldova, building a vision and practices that keep people and communities at the centre of our work.
Throughout its presence in the country, PIN has been contributing to the development of following sectors: Sustainable Livelihood and Environment, Social Inclusion and Protection, Good Governance.
Summary of duties
The ME (Monitoring, Evaluation) Officer is responsible for the for the design, coordination and implementation of the MEAL framework of the emergency response. The ME officer reports to MEAL Manager based in Chisinau and works closely with other relevant PIN colleagues.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the supervision of PIN Moldova MEAL Manager, ME officer will be responsible for:
- Ensure consistency in monitoring and evaluation processes of emergency projects;
- Provide technical support during project M&E planning and in routine monitoring;
- Participate or lead in conducting surveys or other data collection activities (observations, Focus Group Discussions, Post Distribution Monitoring or other relevant assessments);
- Conduct independent monitoring of project activities prior agreeing the interview questionnaires with MEAL manager and project team to check on the relevancy;
- Provide technical support in evaluations and other assessments and research activities;
- Systematically support the project teams in using of M&E results and findings;
- Assisting with in depth interviews in person and online. Preparing short summaries of the main outcomes of the meeting if needed.
Knowledge/experience, qualifications/skills and abilities required
The successful candidate will be able to work without direct supervision, pay attention to details and will exhibit personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency, flexibility, respect for diversity, creative thinking and problem solving.
- Degree in social studies or related fields
- Experience in ME activities is an advantage (designing and carrying out M&E studies, reviews and evaluations, quantitative and qualitative data collection tools)
- Experience in the NGO field with a focus on civil society development or emergency programs is an advantage
- Team work
- Computer literate
- Ability to undertake regular field visits
- Excellent command of Romanian. Good command of English and/or Russian is a plus – in case of ME Officer based in Bălți; Excellent command of Russian. Good command of English and/or Romanian is a plus – in case of ME Officer based in Comrat.
Reports to the MEAL Manager based in Chisinau.
Period of Assignment
The expected start is as early as possible.
Salary Range and Benefits
Salary will be defined according to PIN salary grid, depending on candidate’s experience. Possibility of salary increase based on performance.
Benefits: State and private health insurance.
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter – in English or Romanian (in case of applicants from Bălți); in English/Romanian/Russian (in case of applicants from Comrat)
- Full CV – in English or Romanian (in case of applicants from Bălți); in English/Romanian/Russian (in case of applicants from Comrat)
- Contacts of three references with a possibility of including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment.
The above shall be sent to the following link: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/58AFB5921A/apply/ and use subject heading (please mention the location, depending on case): Ref: ME (Monitoring, Evaluation) Officer Bălți or Ref: ME (Monitoring, Evaluation) Officer Comrat.
Deadline for applications: December 31, 2021, by COB. The applicants will be invited for interviews on the rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls inquiries allowed.