In partnership with the American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) and the Women’s Law Center (WLC) through the Women and Girls Empowered (WAGE) consortium, The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE), is technical lead of the Reducing Barriers to Women’s Economic Empowerment in Moldova initiative. This initiative is funded by the U.S. Department of State Secretary’s Office of Global Women’s Issues. Through this initiative, CIPE, ABA ROLI and WLC aim to build and support an alliance of women’s organizations to increase Moldovan women’s participation in economic activity.
American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI)’s mission is to promote justice, economic opportunity, and human dignity through the rule of law. ABA ROLI uses its expertise in international development and experience in rule of law to implement programs in more than 50 countries.
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy. CIPE has over 30 years of experience working with chambers of commerce, business associations, think tanks, and other civil society organizations (CSOs) to strengthen democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform.
The Women’s Law Centre (WLC) is a non-governmental organization registered in 2009. WLC advocates for equal status opportunities for women and men in public life and within the family. The organization has been involved in advocacy and development of effective legislation on gender equality and domestic violence and is supporting women exposed to domestic violence by providing legal counselling and representation along with psychological and social assistance.
1. Project Objective
The purpose of this consultancy is to conduct data collection in the form of key informant interviews and a survey for a rapid needs assessment which will inform policy recommendations and coalition priorities for a women’s business agenda. The women’s business agenda is a planned implementation activity which will highlight the evidence-based changes needed to improve the economic success of women in Moldova. The data will be used by the project team and other stakeholders both to inform other related activities throughout the project, and as a key input into the analysis of the impact of those activities at the end of the project.
2. Scope of Work
Estimated Level of Effort Anticipated Tasks and Assignment Phases
[estimated 1-2 calendar days]
· Inception meeting with the CIPE Project and Evaluation Team for onboarding
· Review CIPE drafted key informant interview guide and survey
· Conduct pre-test with CIPE drafted survey and key informant interview guide with a minimum of three respondents
· Submit 1-5 page summary in English detailing pre-test survey and interviews and any suggested changes for CIPE to implement in survey and key informant interview guide
· Begin contacting and scheduling key informant interviews with respondents. CIPE will provide contact information for respondents
Data Collection Phase
[estimated 20-22 calendar days]
· Continue to contact and schedule key informant interviews with respondents
· Send out survey to respondents and follow-up with respondents who have not completed survey
· Conduct a minimum of 30 recorded key informant interviews with respondents
[estimated 1 calendar day]
· Draft 1-5 page summary in English detailing key themes synthesized across interviews while also noting any major differences of opinion between respondents
3. Expected Deliverables
- 1-5 page summary in English detailing pre-test survey and interviews and any suggested changes for CIPE to implement in survey and key informant interview guide
- Minimum of 30 key informant interview recordings
- Minimum of 30 fully completed survey responses
- 1-5 page summary in English detailing key themes synthesized across interviews while also noting any major differences of opinion between respondents
- Bachelors or master’s degree (preferred) in international development, economics, public policy, public administration, sociology, or related field, including formal training in research methods and program evaluation
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience conducting national and/or international development focused research and/or program evaluation
- Previous qualitative research interviewing experience, including conducting pre-tests, through at least one of the following mediums: in-person, telephone, and/or internet
- Fluency and/or professional proficiency in Romanian, Russian and English
- Superior verbal communication and listening skills
- Strong English writing skills
- Ability to articulate clearly and concisely over Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and telephone
- Flexible approach to the changing nature of work and ability to interview respondents on their schedule
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Familiarity with SurveyMonkey
- Very strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within the team
5. Duration of Assignment
The estimated start date will be November 1, 2021 and is expected to conclude on or around December 3, 2021. However, please note that the consultancy could begin as early as late October depending on when consultant is hired, and contract is fully executed. Estimated LOE for this assignment is 25 days.
6. Reporting Arrangements
The selected candidate will report to the WLC Project Manager and to the CIPE Program Officer based in Moldova for the duration of the consultancy.
Remuneration will be individually negotiated based on the professional qualifications and relevant experience.
8. How to Apply
For full consideration, applications must be received by 17:00 on October 17, 2021.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as well. Interested applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter. The cover letter should indicate the proposed daily rate and availability. The background experience should address the desired areas of expertise, including any knowledge or background in women’s economic empowerment, advocacy, international development focused research and program evaluation.
Please send all application materials electronically to viorica.ursachi@.cdf.md. The subject line should read Qualitative Research Interviewer.
The selection process shall be conducted in accordance with WLC’s human resource policy without discriminating candidates on the basis of national origin, race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, political orientation, social status, or on the basis of any other criterion.
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.