Chemonics seeks a Manufacturing Sectors Director for the USAID Moldova Future Technologies Activity (FTA)
FTA is a five-year program that seeks to enhance the competitiveness of Moldovan transformative sectors, including, but not limited to, light manufacturing, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), engineering, creative industries, and digital media production, and to improve the country’s integration with Western markets in these sectors. The manufacturing services director will oversee a portfolio of manufacturing sectors (light industry and any sector expansion) and crosscutting green energy and circular economy activities. This position will be based in Chisinau. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversees a portfolio of manufacturing sectors (light industry and any sector expansion), crosscutting green energy, and circular economyy activities; manages interventions to achieve expected results as identified by the FTA leadership team, sectors team, and USAID based on co-design with sector stakeholders
- Conducts strategic, results-oriented visioning and co-creation of activities with partners.
- Supports companies in light manufacturing and other sectors to employ computer-integrated manufacturing tools and processes that offer high levels of adaptability and rapid design changes, leverages digital information technology and facilitates technical workforce training.
- Supports interventions that promote employment and entreneurship in light industry and related sectors with partners and stakeholders
- Supports relevant Centers of Excellence and business associations in strengthening their organizational and technical capacity to increase their financial sustainability, expand their ability to provide services to members, and elevate their capacity to co-design and implement interventions to support digital media sectors
- Conducts regular quality control checks of implemented interventions
- Writes and produces communications materials such as reports and briefings
- Represents the activity with key stakeholders as required, including donors, host government counterparts, project vendors, and other USAID projects as needed or requested
- Facilitates data collection, monitoring, and adaptation and learning with partners
- Participates in intervention and activity level collaboration, learning, and adaptation and contributes to activity reporting and annual planning
- Oversees short term consultants
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in innovation, investment, export promotion, and/or light industry enhancement
- Advanced degree in business, manufacturing, engineering, or related field
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with various industry stakeholders including the private sector, academia, the Government of Moldova, donors, and others
- Fluency in Romanian and proficiency in English preferred with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience implementing donor-funded programming preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Manufacturing Services Director” in the subject line to email@example.com by October 8, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.