National Environmental Center is hiring a new Chair of the Association. Interested candidates are asked to send CV and a motivation letter to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full - time position. The duties of the Chair are the following:
The Chair is responsible for the overall and day-to-day management of the Association, efficient organization of all the activities of the Association, financial sustainability of the Association, visibility of the Association and its continuous development for the implementation of the Association’s strategy.
The most important duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Executing the administrative and financial management of the Association's activity in accordance with the objectives set by the General Assembly and the Board of Directors, taking into account the legal provisions, the charter of the Association, the internal regulations, the organizational chart and strategic directions of the Association
- preparing the Board of Directors meetings, organizing and directing the current activity of the Association, its subdivisions and ensuring the fulfillment of the decisions adopted by the Board of Directors and the General Assembly;
- reporting in front of the Board members on the activities carried out and proposing strategic directions of the organization
- coordinating fund-raising efforts of the organization and assuring the financial sustainability of the organisation
- hiring, promoting and dismissing of the employees
- checking and controlling the performance of the tasks by the employees of the association or other persons in contractual relations with the Association
- representing the organization in different meetings at local, national and international levels; representing the organisation in the visibility events and press-conferences, offering interviews about the organisation’s activity
- ordering the annual audit of the organization
Other requirements for the position include:
- knowledge of written and spoken Romanian and English is mandatory, Russian is an advantage
- background in environmental sciences and other sciences relevant to environment, and/or economics and environmental economics
- ability to manage a team and to work in a multitasking environment
- experience of more than 5 years in environmental field, experience in civil society organisations is an advantage
- experience in developing and implementing environmental projects, supported by international donors
- strong communication and leadership skills
Candidates are asked to send their CV and motivation letter till August 16. Only qualified candidates will be invited to the interview. Please indicate in the subject of the e-mail “Application for the Chair of the Association”.
National Environmental Center is a Public Association, active in the field of environment, with more than 10 years of experience, more information is available at www.environment.md.