Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) is a USAID-funded program implemented by CNFA in Moldova. The goal of F2F is to generate rapid economic growth in the agricultural sector. As part of project activities, F2F is looking for an expert or a team of experts who have the capability and experience to deliver the service of sound data processing from the organic agriculture sector in Moldova.
Specific services include the following: Process the 2020 statistical data from the organic agriculture value chain which will be submitted to the Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL). This data will be included in the FiBL survey on organic agriculture worldwide (data to be launched at Biofach 2022), following the FiBL questionnaire format. The raw data will be provided by the Ministry of Agriculture and Regional Development in Moldova, as well as by other value chain stakeholders.
The 2021 edition can be downloaded here, for reference: https://www.organic-world.net/yearbook/yearbook-2021.html
Expected period of performance: August 20 – September 25, 2020
Expected level of effort: maximum 15 days, with no possibility of extension.
Assignment Location: the consultant’s work location will be Chisinau, Moldova.
Qualification requirements include:
- University degree in Economics, Business Management or Agriculture;
- Strong understanding of the Moldovan organic agricultural sector;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel in data analysis;
- At least 3 years of experience in collecting, analyzing and processing statistical data – prior experience in processing organic agriculture statistical data will be a considerable advantage;
- Excellent command of English and Romanian;
- Strong writing and oral communication skills;
The Data Expert responsibilities will include:
- Collect raw data from the Ministry of Agriculture and relevant value chain stakeholders
- Analyze the collected data and perform additional data collection, if necessary
- Fill out the information needed for the FiBL survey in English and Romanian according to the chapters proposed
- Present the information from the survey to the Ministry of Agriculture and CNFA and address any questions or comments.
Candidates must submit:
- Cover letter
- CV/Resumepresenting relevant experience for the specific assignment
- Provide three contacts for references from organizations/individuals for which the candidate has successfully performed similar work
The application package must be submitted by email, in MS Word or PDF format before August 15, 23:59, to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
CNFA (Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture) is a USAID-funded organization supporting agribusiness economic development in transitional countries.