Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Reports to: Director; Head Accountant
Are you dynamic, responsible, organized, oriented towards helping the poor and achieving results? Do you want to be part of a charity with over 25 years of experience and international exposure? Do you want to be part of a large family on all continents, with branches in 162 countries, whose main purpose is to give a chance to normalcy to the less fortunate? Then your place is at Caritas Moldova!
The Assistant Accountant will provide support to the senior accountant and wider finance team by helping to prepare financial statements, accounts, budgets, processing invoices and preparing VAT returns.
Assistant Accountant will be also a key member of the finance team who are responsible for the finalisation of month-end and year-end accounts.
Assistant Accountant duties and responsibilities of the job
The role is hugely instrumental in helping the finance team make decisions about what will ultimately improve organisation performance.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Supporting the senior/managing accountant and wider finance team
- Collaborating with these teams to work on various accounting projects
- Performing reconciliations of accounts
- Processing payments and invoices accurately and within expected time periods
- Verifying financial statements, ledgers and accounts and making corrections where appropriate
- Preparing profit and loss accounts sheets
- Preparing VAT return
- Preparing the yearly budget
- Taking minutes in meetings and other administrative duties
Assistant Accountant job qualifications and requirements
Degrees in the following industries may work especially in jobseekers' advantage:
- The ability to produce accurate financial reports
- Excellent attention to detail
- Discretion as there will likely be sensitive information and figures discussed
- The ability to work to strict time constraints
- The ability to prioritise work
- An organised and methodical approach to a task
- Excellent knowledge of Romanian and Russian. Knowledge of English is a strong asset.
The Assistant Accountant is unlikely to be expected to have a huge amount of experience and is likely to get a lot of on-the-job training.
Interested persons will present/send:
1. curriculum vitae (CV), in Romanian or English
2. a letter of intent, providing reasons for the interest in this position, in Romanian or English.
These will be sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org until April 23, 2021, at 17.00.
Contact details: +373 22 29 31 49; email@example.com; www.caritas.md.
Important: Caritas Moldova reserves the right to extend the application period for this position if the CVs received do not meet the organisation's needs.