Job Title: Head of Programmes
Reports to: Director of Caritas Moldova
Are you dynamic, responsible, organized, oriented towards helping the poor and achieving results? Do you want to be part of a charity with over 25 years of experience and international exposure? Do you want to be part of a large family on all continents, with branches in 162 countries, whose main purpose is to give a chance to normalcy to the less fortunate? Then your place is at Caritas Moldova!
By accessing this head of programs position, you will be part of the organisation's middle-management team. You will work in direct collaboration with the Foundation's top management to carry out our mission through organizational consolidation and team development. We need you to lead, develop and manage the program team to achieve the aspirations of Caritas Moldova Country Strategy 2019-2021 through Programme Development, effective coordination, consolidation, technical support and guidance by ensuring a cohesive team spirit and motivation to perform.
He/she manages and ensures resource mobilization, prioritization and allocation, work plan coherence to deliver the Caritas Moldova Country Strategy. This role is responsible for working with Caritas Moldova Partners and Allies to foster long-term relationship to successfully deliver Caritas Moldova program strategy.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibilities 01: Programme Planning, Management and Implementation
- Provide leadership in the development of strategic plans and budgets for all programs in the country.
- Provide leadership to the Programme Team towards achieving the objectives of the Country Strategy of Caritas Moldova.
- Review and ensure alignment of program priorities, strategies and plans to the Country Strategy Paper (CSP)
- Support the Country Director to lead the development of both strategic and operational plans in accordance with CSP and planning guidelines.
- Ensure Caritas Moldova’s programme activities are grounded, strongly inter linked, and consolidated at the national level in line with Caritas Moldova’s CSP.
- Ensure quality implementation of all projects of Caritas Moldova
- Ensure learning are documented by the programme team in the most effective way demonstrating value for money.
Job Responsibilities 02: Fund Raising & Donor Relationship Management
- Support the Country Director, in developing and managing relationship within country donors.
- Lead on development of programme ideas into quality grant proposals through a community based, participatory approach.
- Manages the relationship with beneficiaries, donors and other stakeholders responsibly
Job Responsibilities 03: Program Reviews, Monitoring, Evaluation, Program Learning and Reporting.
- Ensure close monitoring of the program works in the field to ensure alignment and contribution to country strategy, monitor flow of information and systemic documentation of quantitative and qualitative achievements in the field and lessons learned thereof
- Ensure quality and timely submission of quarterly and annual or required Programme and Project Performance Reports as per desired standards and guidelines.
- Ensure compliance of approved Programme and Project plans.
- Promote evidence-based learning and the agenda of advancing alternatives
- Represent the organization / Unit in various programme-related knowledge sharing and learning forums, document and share feedback with the team
- Track trends in contemporary development programming and programme management practices, document and provide advice/ recommendations on key developments to the top management and the governance bodies.
Job Responsibilities 04: Partnerships and Networking
- Support Program Managers to strengthen networks in the Caritas Moldova’s collaboration areas.
- Provide support to the networks for building capacity of the member organisations.
- Support the Programme/Project Managers/Coordinators in strengthening our relationship with the strategic networks and alliances
- Represent Caritas Moldova and participate in network and alliance meetings, events and forums at national and international levels
- Ensure effective information flow and communication with other stakeholders including partners and international teams
- Initiate and nurture networks and alliances with academia, and research institutions
- Ensure effective partnerships at all levels as per standard procedures and guidelines of the organization.
- Coordinate and support review of Caritas Moldova partnerships.
- Ensure follow up of partners after reviews and reflections.
Job Responsibilities 05: Financial Management
- Develop, monitor, review and update the Programme department activity, work plan to ensure that it attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible
- Review and approve programme concepts, partner financial requests as per organizational process and procedures.
- Manage the expenditure and disbursement of resources allocated to program department
- Review programme expenditures from the programme team line staff to ensure conformity to Financial Policies and Procedures Manual (FPPM)
- Monitor and advise on programme and project spending and variance report as per organizational process and procedures.
Job Responsibilities 06: Human Resource Management
- Lead and manage program team to achieve its mandated targets in accordance to annual operational plans
- Ensure an empowering work environment and team building in compliance to Caritas Moldova (Country) ‘s mission, values, principles and attitude
- Ensure an enabling environment for staff performance, recognition and reward of the program team to encourage staff productivity, innovation and performance (e.g. facilities, equipment, duty facilitation, team building etc.)
- Participate in the review of staff job descriptions and setting of performance standards
- Involves in recruitment of staff under supervision of HR.
- Assigns performance objectives to supervised staff, conducts comprehensive performance appraisal of supervised staff and provides / obtains feedback when necessary
- Ensure that performance records of staff under supervision are submitted to HR on time
- Provides induction, training, coaching, mentoring and advice to supervised staff to ensure that they understand and carry out their responsibilities effectively
- Works with HR Function to identify training needs and development opportunities for supervised staff
Job Responsibilities 07: Policy Management and Compliance
- Lead the development and implementation of country-specific guidelines for the management of partnerships in line with the CSP and other relevant organizational policies
- Participate in the review and update of Caritas Moldova policies and procedures at country level and advise the Director and the Governance Bodies on the potential implications of the new system, policies and procedures
- Implement all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that correct procedures are followed by staff under supervision
- Adhere/ Comply with approved organisational policies and procedures
- Promote high quality implementation of programs including the protection of children and adults from exploitation and abuse.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Social Sciences or development studies, (PostGraduate in a relevant discipline is preferred). Training in Project planning and management, Participatory approaches and methodologies, Governance, Civic empowerment and accountability, Monitoring and evaluation
- A Minimum of 5 years relevant experience for Post Graduate and 7 years for Graduate in a reputed organization, preferably in the NGO sector, 3 years of which should be in senior management positions, experience of working in a Multi-cultural context essential.
- Experience in designing, setting up and coordinating monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment systems and processes of a program are required
- Experience in managing funding from a diversity of sources including governments and aid agencies, private sector donors.
- Sound and up to date knowledge of development concepts, methodologies and techniques including demonstrated understanding of gender issues in development and demonstrable commitment to promoting gender equality within the organisation and in programme work.
- Sound knowledge in the political, social, economic and historic environment in which Caritas Moldova programmes are operating at both national and community levels
- Understanding of the project cycle management
- Excellent understanding of development partnerships, fund-raising, donor strategies, governmental and international relations in the country
- Basic knowledge of finance and accounting systems in the country
- Strong knowledge of M&E methodology, quality assurance
- Leadership and management
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent presentation, communications, and negotiation
- Networking, influencing and interpersonal
- Crisis management and conflict resolution
- Planning, organisation, time management, and coordination
- Fluency in written and spoken English and native / national language
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task.
- Work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Travel frequently
- A self-starter who is creative, diplomatic, mature and decisive
Interested persons will present/send:
1. curriculum vitae (CV), in English
2. a letter of intent, providing reasons for the interest in this position, in English.
These will be sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org until April 23, 2021, at 17.00.
Contact details: +373 22 29 31 49; email@example.com; www.caritas.md.
Important: Caritas Moldova reserves the right to extend the application period for this position if the CVs received do not meet the organisation's needs.