Serves as Political Assistant, obtaining, compiling and analyzing political information from published and unpublished sources. Prepares factual and analytical reports and cables on the whole spectrum of Moldovan political developments. Develops and maintains extensive and diverse contacts at a relatively high level in the Moldovan Government and private sector. Serves as a Russian/Romanian-language interpreter for the Front Office, Political/Economic Section, and visiting officials, dealing with a broad range of complex technical and conceptually difficult issues.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least three years of experience in reporting on political matters, university teaching or similar work for a government, non-governmental, or international organization are required.
- Must have thorough knowledge of host country's political, economic, and social structure, institutions, political parties, historical development, and key political figures.
- Must have a sound grasp of U.S. foreign policy objectives vis-à-vis the host country.
- Must have a thorough understanding of internal political reporting requirements.
- University degree in Political Science, International Relations, History, International Law, Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Journalism, Social Sciences or Foreign Languages is required.
LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing English, Romanian and Russian is required. (This may be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to develop and maintain an extensive range of high-level contacts.
- Ability to inter-relate political developments to economic and social forces and factors at work in the host country.
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute complex research projects and to prepare precise and accurate factual and analytical reports.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.