Monitoring, Evaluation and Grants Specialist
USAID-funded Effective Justice Project
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is an international development firm based in the United States of America, which is implementing a USAID-funded Effective Justice Project in Moldova. Effective Justice will assist the Government of Moldova to implement a Model Court Initiative (MCI) program aimed at improving the efficiency, performance, and quality of court services based on best international practices and in line with international excellence standards for court operations.
A part of the MCI program activities will be implemented through grants focusing on establishing partnerships with the judiciary, improving court activities, producing specialized reports and policy proposals, and conducting advocacy campaigns and coalition building for the adoption of specific judicial reforms.
Monitoring, evaluation, and adaptive management of the project’s technical activities and grantees’ activities are crucial for the project’s successful performance.
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is seeking qualified Moldovan citizens for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Grants Specialist to serve on the project.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party and team members, develop project Performance Indicators and Performance Indicators Reference Sheets;
- Develop quarterly and annual Monitoring and Evaluation Reports, and other monitoring and evaluation documents upon request;
- Design, test, and periodically upgrade the instruments/tools for data collection;
- Conduct field data collection; process and analyze data resulting from field data collection efforts;
- Integrate adaptive management practices and apply quality assurance practices;
- Develop key findings, analysis, recommendations and lessons learned for the project’s team use;
- Lead the developing of a Grants Operation Manual;
- Solicit grant proposals, review and process grant applications;
- Carry out technical monitoring, evaluation, and oversight of post-award activity on all grants;
- Provide capacity building and organizational support to grantees, as necessary;
- In collaboration with the Subcontracts and Grants Finance Specialist, ensure that grants procedures are designed in line with all USAID compliance, reporting, invoicing, and accountability requirements.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- University Diploma in statistics, economics, project management, or a related field;
- 3 (three) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects;
- Previous experience with M&E and Geographic Information Systems will be considered an advantage;
- Prior experience in managing donor-funded grants;
- Experience with capacity building for Civil Society Organizations;
- Prior experience working with donor-funded projects will be a strong advantage;
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and efficiently coordinate several ongoing tasks;
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude, as a part of the project team;
- Advanced competency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills;
- Fluency in oral and written English, Romanian and Russian.
Closing date for receipt of applications is January 20, 2021 at 18:00. Applicants must submit a short cover letter and a CV in English at the email address email@example.com, noting “Monitoring, Evaluation, and Grants Specialist” in the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.