USAID-funded Effective Justice Project
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is an international development firm based in the United States of America, which is implementing a USAID-funded Effective Justice Project in Moldova. Effective Justice will assist the Government of Moldova to implement a Model Court Initiative (MCI) program aimed at improving the efficiency, performance, and quality of court services based on best international practices and in line with international excellence standards for court operations.
A part of the MCI program activities will be implemented through grants focusing on establishing partnerships with the judiciary, improving court activities, producing specialized reports and policy proposals, and conducting advocacy campaigns and coalition building for the adoption of specific judicial reforms.
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is seeking qualified Moldovan citizens for the position of Finance Specialist to serve on the project.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- In cooperation with relevant project’ staff, ensures that subcontracts and grants are properly competed, awarded, and implemented, in compliance with USAID’s rules and regulations and Checchi’s practices;
- Assists with developing the Grants Manual’s provisions related to fiscal management and administration of the grants program;
- Assists with activities related to monitoring and evaluation of the financial aspects of the grantees’ activities;
- Reviews invoices, receipts and other financial records submitted by subcontractors and grantees for correct preparation and compliance with Checchi requirements;
- Makes bank transfers of payments according to the invoices provided by the subcontractors and grantees;
- Provides capacity building and other necessary assistance to grantees to implement sound and transparent financial reporting procedures;
- Prepares subcontracts and grants financial reports required by Checchi and USAID;
- Provides assistance to the Director of Operations in preparing budgets and monitoring expenditures against budget estimates;
- Maintains bank accounting records and reconciles bank accounts;
- Provides assistance in preparing the VAT Exemption Report, the Monthly Expenditure Report and the Quarterly Accounting Report, as well as other reports as required;
- Makes copies of all receipts, time sheets, payroll records, receipts and other financial documents and sends them to the Checchi Central Office.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- University Diploma in economics, finance, accounting or a related field;
- Proven minimum 2 (two) years of experience in similar positions in international organizations; experience in USAID-funded projects in the rule of law area is a strong advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Moldovan accounting and tax law;
- Experience with developing, reviewing and implementing project budgets is required;
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and efficiently coordinate several ongoing tasks;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details are required;
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude, as a part of the Project team;
- Advanced competency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Fluency in Romanian, very good knowledge of English and Russian.
Closing date for receipt of applications is January 20, 2021 at 18:00. Applicants must submit a short cover letter and a CV in English at the email address email@example.com, noting “Finance Specialist” in the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.