POLICY AND COLLABORATION ADVISOR
USAID-funded Effective Justice Project
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is an international development firm based in the United States of America, which is implementing a USAID-funded Effective Justice Project in Moldova. Effective Justice will assist the Government of Moldova to implement a Model Court Initiative (MCI) program aimed at improving the efficiency, performance, and quality of court services based on best international practices and in line with international excellence standards for court services.
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is seeking qualified Moldovan citizens for the position of Policy and Collaboration Advisor to serve on the Project.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Chief of Party and in close cooperation with the Court Performance Advisor and the Communication and Outreach Specialist, will design, coordinate, and implement activities aimed at achieving buy-in from national level counterparts with implementing project activities
- Design and implement activities aimed at expanding best practices to other Moldovan courts beyond the Model Courts
- Conduct research and compile reports identifying project best practices, which can be expanded to the rest of the courts
- Recommend and draft legislative, normative and policy changes related to improving the work of the courts and the judiciary, which will be submitted to the local counterparts for review and approval
- Engage with additional stakeholders (including from the private sector, civil society, and vulnerable groups) to inform about and expand best practices of the project to the entire judiciary
- In coordination with the Communication and Outreach Specialist, manage the project’s public outreach and awareness efforts, including organizing trainings, roundtables, workshops and other events
- Supervise, guide and evaluate the work of the Communications and Outreach Specialist
- Closely coordinate with the MEL Specialist to monitor, analyze and improve the project’s performance and ensure GESI integration
- Represent the project at meetings with the Moldovan courts, the Agency of Court Administration, and other relevant stakeholders
- Carry out other tasks consistent with improving the activity of the Moldovan judiciary.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- University Diploma in law
- Proven minimum 3 (three) years of legal experience in international organizations, NGOs or state bodies
- Good understanding of the reforms and developments in the judicial system of Moldova
- Experience in drafting legal documents, legislative proposals, and policy papers
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to supervise and mentor more junior team members, guiding them towards task completion
- Ability to perform duties that require close attention to detail and synthesize large amounts of information
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude, as a part of the Project team;
- Advanced competency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
- Strong analytical, research and writing skills;
- Fluency in Romanian, very good knowledge of English and Russian
- USAID or other donor experience would be an advantage.
Closing date for receipt of applications is January 15, 2021 at 18:00. Applicants must submit a short cover letter and a CV in English at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, noting “Policy and Collaboration Advisor” in the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.