COMMUNICATIONS AND OUTREACH SPECIALIST
USAID-funded Effective Justice Project
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is an international development firm based in the United States of America, which is implementing a USAID-funded Effective Justice Project in Moldova. Effective Justice will assist the Government of Moldova to implement a Model Court Initiative (MCI) program aimed at improving the efficiency, performance, and quality of court services based on best international practices and in line with international excellence standards for court activities.
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is seeking qualified Moldovan citizens for the position of Communications and Outreach Specialist to serve on the Project.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Project Chief of Party and under the supervision of the Policy and Collaboration Advisor, design, implement and update a communications plan to promote awareness about project-related activities
- Assist the Project team in engaging with judicial leadership, courts and additional stakeholders, including from the private sector, civil society, and vulnerable groups to get buy-in for and increase awareness about Project activities;
- Help improve the communications capacity for project counterparts
- Be responsible for managing all project public outreach and awareness efforts
- Create and edit all information (news, articles, social media posts, posters, newsletters) regarding Project Activities to guarantee maximum visibility about the impact of the activities that the Project carried out together with its partners;
- Identify gaps in communications, develop/recommend strategies, implement solutions, and present results to management;
- Prepare press releases, speeches, presentations, and materials for senior management;
- Assist with developing weekly, quarterly and annual reports;
- Participate actively in program design and monitoring in collaboration with program staff as assigned;
- Assist program staff with outreach event planning and arrangements;
- Coordinate and communicate with contractors to develop video and written materials on various aspects of project activities;
- Coordinate the development of various know your rights and justice-related materials for citizens;
- Advise counterparts on publications and provide editorial support and training as required.
- A university degree in communications, journalism or a closely related field;
- At least 3 years-experience in radio, television or print media;
- Experience in developing and tailoring communication and writing publications for a wide array of audiences;
- Experience in the design of print and broadcast media outreach materials;
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, where factual accuracy and consistency of information is essential;
- A native Romanian language speaker, fluent in English and Russian;
- Previous experience working for a donor-funded project in Moldova is a strong advantage;
- Previous experience working for a judicial body in Moldova would be an advantage.
- Be independent, take initiative, and manage work with limited supervision;
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet stated deadlines;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the organization;
- Strong interpersonal and team-player skills are required;
- Work effectively with an increasingly diverse group of stakeholders and clients.
By January 15, 2021, 18:00 hours Chisinau time, interested candidates should send a short cover letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting “Outreach Specialist” in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.