MODEL COURT COORDINATOR
USAID-funded Effective Justice Project
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is an international development firm based in the United States of America, which is implementing a USAID-funded Effective Justice Project in Moldova. Effective Justice will assist the Government of Moldova to implement a Model Court Initiative (MCI) program aimed at improving the efficiency, performance, and quality of court services based on best international practices and in line with international excellence standards for court services.
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is seeking qualified Moldovan citizens for the position of Model Court Coordinator to serve on the Project.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Court Performance Adviser, in cooperation with the Court Performance Specialist and with the short-terms consultants, assist with the coordination and implementation of all technical aspects of the project activities
- Participate in designing and implementing Court Improvement Plans (CPI), and with expanding best practices to other Moldovan courts
- Assist with development and implementation of court performance standards and metrics, and with the implementation of court excellence practices in Moldovan courts
- Assist with designing and delivering training activities for court representatives, related to capacity building, court performance tools, statistics analysis, and other areas relevant for improving court performance
- Make recommendations for enhancements or expansion of the court improvement standards;
- Maintain constant contact with all stakeholders at the local level – including model court leadership and staff, court users, civil society, and communities.
- Gather information relevant to specific activity design, the experience of court users, and the challenges courts are faced with, and will discuss potential and ongoing project activities and innovations, taking stock of valuable feedback.
- Carry out other tasks consistent with improving the activity of the Moldovan courts.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- University Diploma in law. Masters degree in Law strongly preferred
- At least 2 (two) years of legal experience in Moldovan courts, justice-related organizations, or rule of law/justice reform donor projects
- Familiarity with the Moldovan judicial reforms and court operations is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with the Case Management System and other IT tools used by Moldovan courts would is preferred
- Experience in delivering trainings and capacity building to state employees would be an advantage
- Proven administrative skills, including ability to perform duties that require close attention to detail and synthesize large amounts of information
- Ability to prioritize workload, assume responsibility for work, and follow through to completion
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude, as a part of the project team
- Advanced competency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Polished written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team player skills
- Fluent English and Romanian, strong command of Russian language
- Working experience with USAID or other foreign donors would be an advantage.
Closing date for receipt of applications is January 15, 2021 at 18:00. Applicants must submit a short cover letter and a CV in English at the email address email@example.com noting “Model Court Coordinator” in the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.