USAID-funded Effective Justice Project
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is an international development firm based in the United States of America, which is implementing a USAID-funded Effective Justice Project in Moldova. Effective Justice will assist the Government of Moldova to implement a Model Court Initiative (MCI) program aimed at improving the efficiency, performance, and quality of court services based on best international practices and in line with international standards.
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is seeking qualified Moldovan citizens for the position of Program Assistant to serve on the Project.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support the Director of Operations and all project components with all logistical tasks
- Manage all incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Maintain and manage all project files on the server
- Assist technical staff in the preparation of various project documents
- Assist with organizing workshops, seminars and public events
- Research, plan, analyze, and organize technical and/or statistical information and develop data for use in briefings, publications, and reports
- Draft and review project documents such as minutes, memoranda, and letters, etc.
- Contribute to developing and reviewing Project’s weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Update the project inventory list each month and mark equipment
- Provide occasional verbal and written translations from/to English/Romanian/Russian
- Handle incoming telephone calls and telephone inquires
- Handle outgoing mail and packages
- Type letters, messages and documents as requested
- Receive mail and deliveries, register mail and deliveries and distribute in the office
- Such other administrative and clerical duties as may be requested
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- University Diploma
- 3 (three) or more years of administrative and/or project experience
- Proven administrative skills, including ability to perform duties that require close attention to detail and synthesize large amounts of information
- Ability to prioritize workload, assume responsibility for work, and follow through to completion
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude, as a part of the project team
- Advanced competency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Polished written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Fluent English and Romanian, strong command of Russian language
- Working experience with USAID or other foreign donors would be an advantage.
Closing date for receipt of applications is January 15, 2021 at 18:00. Applicants must submit a short cover letter and a CV in English at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, noting “Program Assistant” in the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.