The project aims to increase resilience and adaptive capacities of rural communities to climate change and disasters through improved water storage infrastructures and disasters risk reduction measures. The project is supporting implementation of climate-smart water management solutions for agriculture, flood management and fire prevention and expansion of community-based rescue/firefighting teams in rural communities of Moldova with the purpose to reduce the exposure and vulnerability of the rural communities to climate change and disaster risks. The project will be implemented over a period of 36 months and the activities are clustered around 2 major outputs intended to produce an impact in 5 districts of Moldova, Central (Hincesti, Criuleni and Ungheni districts) and Southern (Leova and Cantemir).
The expected impact of the project is: improved resilience of rural communities’ livelihoods in the face of climate change
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager, Climate Change, Environment and Energy Programme Analyst, the incumbent assists in the effective management of the project through a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management and monitoring of project activities. The Project/Administrative/Finance Associate applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
Project/Administrative/Finance Associate works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations, Communications and other project teams in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and resolving complex project-related issues and information delivery.
The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
Required Skills and Experience:
- University Degree in economics, finance, accounting, law, public administration or other related field
- At least seven years of experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, or other substantive area is required.
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO, or previous experience with UNDP is a very strong advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Romanian is a must. Knowledge of Russian is desired.
- Knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language, is an asset.
TO APPLY PLEASE ADDRESS THE LINK BELOW: