The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) is looking for Senior Driver in Chisinau according to the Terms of Reference below, to start on 1 January 2021.
Position Title: Senior Driver
Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
Type of Appointment: Service Contract
Organizational unit: Procurement Unit (HQ Odessa)
Expected duration of assignment: 1 January 2021 – 30 November 2021
Closing Date: 9 December 2020
Subscriber monthly fee: 1040 EUR
Under the direct supervision of the National Procurement and Logistics Officer, with overall supervision of the Chief of Administration and in close coordination with the Procurement Specialist, the incumbent contributes to the smooth operation of the European Union Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM) in Moldova. The employee assists in the effective and efficient management of the project through a range of actions, including driving and administrative support management.
- Coordinate transportation issues relevant to the needs of the Mission at Moldova side;
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for other related repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Perform minor vehicle repairs, plans and arranges for other repairs, replacements, services and maintenance procedures in a way most convenient for the office;
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, preparation of monthly summary of fuel consumption and report to the National Procurement and Logistics Officer;
- In close cooperation with the National Security Officer, take proper steps to reduce potential security threats to EUBAM officials or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes;
- Provide reliable and safe driving services by:
- driving Mission vehicles for the transport of EUBAM personnel;
- delivering / collecting mail, documents, pouches, equipment and other items as required;
- Meet official personnel at the airport and other entry points, facilitates immigration and customs formalities and provides city transfers as required;
- Ensure safe and timely driving for field trips in- or outside the country;
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Interact with the traffic police and/or other competent parties on all issues related to vehicle registration, un-registration, technical inspection, pass authorization, foreign travel formalities etc.;
- Ensure that the steps required by applicable laws, rules and regulations are taken in case if involvement of the Mission vehicle in a traffic accident;
- Provide full and accurate event and accident reports as required;
- Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean;
- Ensure vehicle security;
- Provide troubleshooting services for the office premises, affiliate facilities and furniture;
- Ensure due care of premises, equipment, vehicles (including their spare parts, consumables, keys etc.), supplies and other property that is entrusted to him/her;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent;
- Valid driver's license of at least category B (validity expiration date is a must);
- Eight (8) years’ work experience as a driver (recommendations required);
- Experience of work for international organizations is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of applicable Traffic Rules of Moldova;
- Skills in minor and emergency vehicle repair;
- Safe driving record;
- Experience in coordination of work of a pool of drivers is an advantage;
- Fluency in Romanian and Russian; knowledge of spoken English is a mandatory requirement;
- Basic knowledge of office software (MS Word/Excel/Outlook/Internet Explorer) is an asset.
Email your IOM Personal History form (http://eubam.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Personal-History-Form.xls) and cover letter in English to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Please note that for technical reasons EUBAM mailing server cannot accept applications submitted from email accounts hosted at mail.ru and yandex.ru.
Please, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 9 December 2020; however, interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Appointment is subject to funding confirmation.