Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Effective Governance Cluster Programme Analyst the incumbent provides effective and efficient management of the Projects through a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management and monitoring of project activities. The Project Manager applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations. He/she is responsible and accountable to the Project Board for the project results.
The Project Manager works in close collaboration with the Project Associate, as well as with Programme, Operations, Communications and other teams in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
Summary of Key Functions:
The incumbent will ensure the provision of development services and products (commensurate with the scope of the project) of the highest quality and standards to national counterparts and clients through applying Human Rights-Based Approach (HRBA) and gender equality (GE) approaches.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent of 5 years University Degree) in law, human rights, public administration, international relations or related areas. Additional training and certification in project management would be an advantage.
- At least 7 (seven) years of progressive working experience in the design, management and implementation of project-type activities in justice, law enforcement or human rights areas and/or working in a relevant position to this post;
- Experience in working with justice chain institutions (judiciary, prosecution, police, legal aid, etc.) is a strong advantage;
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions, NGO or private sector / consulting firm is a strong advantage;
- Extensive experience in managing a multidisciplinary team;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
• Fluency in both oral and written English and Romanian.
• Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Russian, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
Vacancy End Date: 16 November 2020
TO APPLY PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW: