Position: Regulatory Expert
Reports to: Country Representative
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Status: CCN (Moldova Nationals)
Period of Performance: November 2020 – end of project
International Development Group LLC is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to create and take advantage of opportunities for sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. IDG provides entrepreneurs and policymakers with the practical tools needed to achieve real and measurable impact for their communities and countries. IDG assistance programs aim to build the capacity, skills, and knowledge of local individuals and institutions in the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors, fostering synergies between local knowledge and international experience.
IDG is seeking to recruit a Local Regulatory Expert to join the USAID Financial Sector Transparency Activity (FSTA) project full-time to provide support to the National Bank of Moldova (NBM), National Commission for Financial Markets (NCFM) and the Central Securities Depository (CSD). The Regulatory Expert will work as part of a team of local and international consultants, supporting project activities related to anti-money laundering (AML/CFT), supervisory regime of non-bank financial institutions (NBFI), aligning laws and regulations with EU standards and best practices.
- Work as part of a team of international and local experts to provide solutions, new methodologies and training on regulatory issues and challenges faced by the NBM, NCFM and CSD, and provide recommendations on how-to improve the regulatory environment
- Analyze international best practices in financial supervision and provide support to reviewing and drafting regulation to strengthen NBM capacity as the main financial sector supervisor
- Review and analyze laws and regulations in the field of AML/CFT, NBFIs or Insurance sector, to ensure they meet EU standards and best practices; and, propose new laws and regulations as necessary
- Contribute to organization of training, outreach or any other events implemented by the FSTA team
- Provide support and written documentation to any project the team is implementing as required
- Report weekly updates during the assignment, and provide support to other administrative related tasks
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, finance or law
- At least 3 or more years of experience in the finance, banking, regulatory/supervisory areas
- Strong knowledge of the regulatory issues including AML/CFT, compliance and reporting for NBFIs,
- Experience in drafting and reviewing laws and regulations would be an asset
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Strong Romanian and English language skills. Good knowledge of Russian language required.
- Ability to work in an all-online environment, participating in virtual meetings, and organizing on-line roundtables/workshops
- Ability to interact directly and independently with clients, consultants as well as senior government officials
To apply for the position, please send a cover letter and CV in English, to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted no later than Wednesday, 13th of November 2020, until 17:00.
Only applications submitted within the deadline will be considered.