Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Programme Specialist/Inclusive Growth Cluster Lead, the Programme Officer analyzes political, social and economic trends and participates in the formulation, management and monitoring of programme activities within the portfolio, with a particular focus on developing and implementing early and mid-term recovery measures, as well being responsible for managing the UNDP programme within the thematic/sectoral areas assigned.
The Programme Officer supervises relevant project staff. The Programme Officer works in close collaboration with the CO Management Support and Business Development, Programme and Operations teams, programme staff in other UN Agencies, UNDP HQs staff.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Public Administration, Economics, Law, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field. Additional training and certification in project management is an advantage.
- 9 (nine) years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services and hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Experience in managing projects in the field of business development, inclusive economic growth, and/or local and regional development is mandatory.
- Experience of working in conflict-sensitive development program would be an asset.
- Experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO is compulsory. Previous experience with EC/UNDP is a strong advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems.
- Fluency in oral and written English, Romanian and Russian.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
TO APPLY PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW: