Under the guidance and supervision of the – Operations Manager and Finance Associate (direct supervisor), the Finance Assistant provides financial services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The Finance Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Finance Assistant works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the Country Office (CO) and with UNDP HQs staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational and financial management strategies
- Functioning of cost-recovery system
- Accounting and administrative support
- CO cash management
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement. Part-qualified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- Secondary education with 5 years of relevant finance experience at the national or international level is required
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of relevant finance experience at the national or international level is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems. Experience with ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft, desirable.
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS desirable
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
TO APPLY PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW: