The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an Administrative Assistant within its project “Strengthening the Rule of Law and Anti-Corruption Mechanisms in the Republic of Moldova”.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for:
- handling office management independently;
- providing oral and written translation support to the project team in all related project activities;
- performing reviews of documents and messages in English and Romanian;
- coordinating the outsourced translation process with respective translation agencies;
- ensuring good communication and flow of information within the project and with the GIZ Country Office;
- filing documents in reference files in line with GIZ filing rules;
- archiving project documents and information in the GIZ document management systems;
- performing general administrative and secretariat functions related to the project.
- University Degree either in Foreign Languages (English/German) or in Law, Economics, Business Administration or Public Administration with a proven record of full professional working proficiency in English;
- certification in providing authorised translation would be an asset (Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Moldova);
- at least 2 years general work experience involving translations (written and oral), as an in-house or full-time freelance translator preferred;
- full professional working proficiency in English and Romanian (speaking and writing); knowledge of Russian or German would be an asset;
- be a team player, supportive and able to ask for support when required;
- able to work according to deadlines, under stress;
- excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Internet and other);
- willing and able to travel inside and outside the country for event support, when needed;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 14th of September 2020, time 17:00, to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.