The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a Finance Officer within its project “Strengthening the Rule of Law and Anti-Corruption Mechanisms in the Republic of Moldova”.
The Finance Officer is responsible for:
- coordinating the overall financial planning and monitoring of project funds in close cooperation with the project manager;
- supporting the project manager in taking project related financial decisions;
- quality assurance of contracts and (framework) agreements according to the project’s needs, respecting both GIZ and EU financial and procurement policies;
- ensuring conformity of all work processes to GIZ rules and orientations.
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree in finance, financial management, business administration or similar area;
- at least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position;
- experience with GIZ and/or EU procedures;
- excellent working knowledge of IT technologies and computer applications (e.g. SAP, accounting software, MS Office);
- confidential handling of data and information;
- full professional working proficiency in English and Romanian, knowledge of German and/or Russian is an asset;
- in-depth understanding of contracting, financial planning and accounting;
- broad experience of management and administration;
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed;
- strong communication skills as well as a desire to work in an efficient, independent and innovative manner in a multi-disciplinary and inter-cultural team are expected;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 14th of September 2020, time 17:00, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.