The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a Junior Administrative Officer within its project “Support to the Moldovan Government in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda”.
The Junior Administrative Officer will support the project management in organizing, conducting and coordinating project activities and events.
The following responsibilities are included in the assignment:
- Communicate efficiently with project partners with which regular contact is maintained;
- Handle office management independently;
- Support the project management and technical staff in organizing and conducting project activities and events;
- Organize logistical aspects (travel and accommodations in Moldova) of missions by local and foreign experts;
- Organize procurement and management of office supplies;
- Responsible for the financial management of the project including cash withdrawals, keeping the cashbook, bankbook, bank account, preparing and verifying voucher in line with GIZ standard procedures and systems and in accordance with the signed authorization agreement;
- Invoice checking for local contract and procurement of goods/ materials;
- Provide financial information support to project management by preparing budget, cost estimations and financial forecasts;
- Allocate costs per outputs for monitoring, reporting and evaluation;
- Assist in preparation of project documentation as per GIZ rules, filing of documents in reference files or in GIZ´s documents management system;
- Provide verbal and written translation of project documents and meetings;
- Perform any other work-related task contributing to the project success.
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in Public Administration, Economy, Sociology or other areas relevant for the implementation of described responsibilities;
- At least 4 years of working experience in international projects as an in-house or full-time employee;
- Proven experience in financial management and office administration;
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and Romanian; knowledge of Russian would be an asset;
- Strong experience in translations (written and verbal);
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality;
- Be a team player, supportive of colleagues and able to ask for support when required;
- Able to work to deadlines, under stress, and cheerfully;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Internet and other);
- Excellent drafting and presentation skills;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, accurateness;
- Outstanding networking and communication skills;
- Ability to work on individual responsibility but in close cooperation with the team and superior;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 06th of April 2020, time 17:00, to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.