The EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme is based on the European Commission Implementing Decision on the Annual Action Programme 2018 in favour of the Republic of Moldova and is funded by the European Union and implemented by the United Nations Development Programme.
The overall objective of the five-year programme is to strengthen the economic, territorial and social cohesion in the Republic of Moldova through facilitating inclusive, sustainable and integrated local socio-economic growth and improving the standards of living of the citizens in the pilot micro- regions.
To this end, this programme will address the urban-rural divide and regional disparities, stimulate economic growth and job creation, refurbish and upgrade some social and technical infrastructure in selected pilot micro-regions (smaller towns and villages) while taking into account a gender perspective in the activities of the programme.
1. To strengthen transparency, accountability of local public authorities and citizen participation in local governance processes in the pilot micro-regions,
2. To improve citizens' access to quality public services and utilities in the pilot micro-regions,
3. To create employment opportunities for men and women in the pilot micro-regions and improve the attractiveness of the pilot regions for investors and entrepreneurs,
4. To promote the smart specialization of the economy of the pilot micro regions through the development of the clustering and value chain approach in key economic sectors.
The programme objectives will be achieved through measures targeted at: (i) capacity building to support the implementation and monitoring of local economic development plans; (ii) civil society engagement in local planning, governance processes and basic social service delivery; (iii) provision of investment funding in support of the creation and/or development of social and technical infrastructure which, combined with the outcomes from interventions (i) and (ii) above, will have an immediate, visible and tangible impact on employment creation, the standard of living of the population in the pilot micro-regions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Local Development Manager, the SMART Development/ Digital Transformation Officer Officer ensures the effective and efficient implementation smart sustainable city concept within the EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme. The incumbent applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
SMART Development Officer/ Digital Transformation Officer works under supervision of Local Development Manager, in close collaboration with the Programme Manager and other Project Officers for effective achievement of results, including from UNICEF (UNDP partner in the Programme implementation), anticipating and resolving complex project-related issues and information delivery.
The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
Summary of Key Functions:
The incumbent will ensure the provision of development services and products (commensurate with the scope of the project) of the highest quality and standards to national counterparts and clients through applying HRBA and GE approaches. More specifically:
1. Support to EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme on implementation of SMART focal regional development , focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Advise and assist targeted local public authorities from Cahul and Ungheni to digitalize public services and processes, and use of innovative technologies such as social, mobile, analytics and cloud platforms to deliver the more inclusive and efficient public services that citizens demand.
- Assist the local public authorities in both focal regions to design an IT platform - an interconnected system for raw data collection, analysis, processing, planning and service delivery, comprising SMART applications and e-services. Make sure that integration and interoperability of data suppliers and users, as well as the security of the data is ensured.
- Support the application of SMART systems in minimum four local public services, local government functions (e.g. urban planning, administrative services, water and sanitation, energy, health, etc.) or applications to facilitate citizen’s involvement.
- Provide support to the local public authorities to design and build the necessary IT infrastructure to enable SMART focal regional development.
- Develop and support the implementation of a capacity building plan for the enhancement of digital skills of the local public authorities in target LPAs, in order to ensure sustainability of the intervention after the finalization of the programme.
- Support the organization of open data innovation and hackathons, as well as open app competitions, to be held within the target focal regions on regular basis and support in the implementation of generated solutions.
- Promote a participatory, human rights and gender sensitive approach, ensuring that the technology is used all in an inclusive, accessible and sustainable way.
Support the Local Development Manager and the UNDP CO in general project development, implementation and project-related strategic processes.
2. Ensure provision of top-quality advisory services and facilitation of knowledge building and management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assess the country's development policies in the e-governance area and their impact on EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme activities.
- Provide policy options and high-quality advisory inputs to the project from e-governance perspective to ensure these are responsive to national policies, priorities and strategic plans, and advance UNDP's corporate goals.
- Provide training and capacity building support for EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme and partners on digital governance.
- Make sound contributions to local development-related knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Provide solid inputs to project’s analytical products, work plans and progress reports, etc.
- Identify and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt from the field.
- Conduct analytical work (e.g. institutional and risk analyses, capacity assessment, policy reviews) in the area of e-governance, highlighting UNDP support and strategy. Play an active role in policy advice, strategic thinking, knowledge sharing.
3. Ensure creation of strategic partnerships, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Liaise, synergy and coordination with project partners on digital governance issues
- Prepare substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation with development partners, contribute to the resource mobilization efforts.
- Ensure wide dissemination and visibility of project achievements. Participate in national and international fora, making substantive contributions as appropriate.
The key results have a direct impact on the overall successful achievement of the EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme. Accurate analysis and presentation of information enhances UNDP’s position as a strong development partner. The information provided facilitates decision-making of the Programme Steering Committee and UNDP management.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Exerts strict adherence to corporate rules, regulations and procedures. Familiarity with the internal control framework and results-based management tools is a must.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Proven ability to problem-solve, and think creatively to develop and implement smart business solutions in a challenging socio-economic environment
- Ability to establish and maintain contacts with senior-level officials of the host government required. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential part of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, is required to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and to prepare accurate and complete reports and other documents.
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
- Master degree or equivalent in areas such as Public Administration, Business Administration, Computer Sciences, Engineering, Telecommunications or other relevant field. Additional training and certification in project management would be an advantage.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in IT projects management in public or private sectors.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in SMART digital governance, public sector digital transformation and application of digital solutions to address public sector and development issues.
- Knowledge and experience in IT solutions to Government Operations (“G2G”), Public Service Delivery to Citizens (“G2C”) and Businesses (“G2B”), Public Data Platforms, and interoperability.
- Experienced with software development lifecycle, enterprise architecture, cloud computing etc.
- Experience of work in programmes financed by European Commission is a very strong advantage.
- Practical experience with design thinking and/or other citizen-centric methodologies is a strong advantage.
- Experience with e-Government agenda of the Republic of Moldova is a very strong advantage.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Romanian. Knowledge of Russian desired.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language is an asset.
UNDP is an employer committed to gender equity and to providing equal opportunities to both male and female.
UNDP is committed to workforce diversity. Women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
Please note that only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
Online applications can be submitted by registered users only. Self-registration link is available at the next page and requires candidates to provide a valid email address.
To learn more and apply for these and other positions please visit our site at: http://www.md.undp.org/content/moldova/en/home/operations/jobs.html
Hostingul si serviciile internet pentru administrarea portalului CIVIC.MD sunt oferite gratuit de compania Starnet