Call to Action:
- Are you passionate about life skills education?
- Are you great at multi-tasking, prioritizing and improving business processes?
- Are you a team player capable of working with colleagues of widely diverse backgrounds?
- Can you deliver the highest possible results in a very short period of time and in challenging circumstances?
If so, this might be the job for you.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Project Officer on life skills education in VET is coordinating activities related to the Project “Develop life skills and healthy behaviours of students in Vocational Education & Training for their development and job readiness” funded by the Austrian Development Agency and implemented by UNFPA Moldova Country Office.
The project aims to support VET students (boys and girls, including vulnerable and with disabilities) to practice safe reproductive health behaviours and adopt a healthy lifestyle. The specific objectives are threefold: 1. VET institutions are enabled to sustainably deliver the Decisions for a Healthy Lifestyle course, based on available materials, teacher preparation and friendly learning infrastructure; 2. VET institutions and business companies have capacities to support young people in their healthy development and safe behaviours; 3. VET staff, students, parents and business companies understand and promote the youth right to life skills based health education and reproductive health services. Project Officer will work with 12 VET institutions in Chisinau and in other regions of the country: from South region – Cahul; from Center region – Nisporeni, Rezina, Orhei; from North region – Edinet, Riscani, Balti and with 9 business companies who work with the selected VET institutions within dual education.
In implementing this project, Project Officer on life skills education in VET will work in close coordination with the UNFPA Programme Analyst on Youth, Austrian Development Agency and Ministry of Education, Culture and Research.
You will report directly to the UNFPA Programme Analyst on Youth.
Qualifications and Experience:
Master’s Degree or equivalent of five years’ University Degree in education, youth health and development, public health, public management, population studies, law, and/or other related social science field.
Your Knowledge and Experience:
- 4 years of progressive working experience in the design, management and implementation of projects and programmes and/or working in project related area;
- Previous experience in social or public policy, with focus on youth life-skills education, VET education, social and/or youth policies and development areas would be a distinct advantage;
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for an NGO, governmental institution or donor organization;
- Previous experience in working with VET institutions and / or business sector would be a distinct advantage;
- Experience in managing a multidisciplinary team, strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in Romanian and English is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received no later than on 21 February 2020.