Education Officer: EU4Moldova Focal Regions Programme
UNICEF Moldova will be the implementing partner of the EU4Moldova: Focal Regions Programme, based on the European Commission Implementing Decision on the Annual Action Programme 2018 in favour of the Republic of Moldova, funded by the European Union and implemented in partnership with UNDP.
UNICEF Moldova is looking for a Education Officer, who will coordinate and lead overall effective and efficient management of all the UNICEF activities under Component 2: Improved access to, and quality of local public services and utilities of the EU4Moldova Focal Regions Programme as well as be responsible for the implementation of the programme component on Education.
Qualifications and experience:
- An university degree in one of the following fields is required: education, psychology, sociology or another relevant technical field;
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required;
- Experience in the design/implementation or monitoring of development programmes;
- Experience in local regions and/or in managing programmes financed by the European Union is a very strong advantage;
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset;
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required. Knowledge of Russian or one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Bulgarian, Gagauz, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this position and read more detailed information, please visit UNICEF Moldova web-page: https://www.unicef.org/moldova/en/career-opportunities
Applications for this position must be received no later than: 20 January 2020
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply and become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.