The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is seeking an individual expert to provide advisory services on IT Infrastructure Engineer and to support the Center for Strategic Communication and Combating Misinformation in developing IT infrastructure, working flows, and internal IT security policies and regulations within the framework of the project Info Trust Alliance Moldova. The services within the assignment will be provided in the period between November 2023 – February 2024.
The selected expert will conduct all the activities in accordance with the provisions of the Terms of Reference (ToR).
For the Terms of Reference (ToR) and eventual questions, please address a message to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the tender number in the message title, not later than October 31, 2023, 15:00 Chisinau local time.
The short-term expert shall meet the following criteria and qualifications:
Qualification and skills
- Advanced degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, or a related discipline;
- Proficiency in implementing and managing backup and disaster recovery solutions;
- Strong regional and local contacts, ability to reach out to key stakeholders;
- Familiar with the priorities and mandates of state institutions;
- Excellent command of Romanian and English.
- At least 15 years in designing, implementing, and managing IT infrastructure projects;
- Familiarity with IT security principles, protocols, and best practices, including data protection, access controls, and vulnerability management;
- Proficiency in designing and implementing IT infrastructure solutions, including servers, networks, storage systems, and virtualization technologies;
- Experience in configuring and managing network devices, such as routers, switches, firewalls, and VPNs;
- Proven working experience in developing websites
The successful application shall include:
1. Technical Proposal, containing (in a separate document):
- Detailed CV and maximum 2 pages of Motivation letter.
2. Financial Proposal, containing (in a separate document):
- Financial offer shall include the gross daily rate in MDL and the total amount per up to 60 workdays of assignment.
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality is guaranteed.
Successful offerors will be further asked for additional documentation such as copy of ID, bank data and other, as it might be required for the contracting. The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract.
Applicants shall hold the Moldovan citizenship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
Bid’s evaluation will be performed based on the ratio 70% for the technical proposal and 30% for the financial proposal. Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.
Applications shall be submitted in a sealed envelope to the GIZ country office – Chisinau, 73/1 Stefan cel Mare si Sfant Bvd., National Business Center, 9th floor – indicating the tender number 83451405, not later than November 2, 2023, 15:00 Chisinau local time.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.
Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.