The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for two individual experts to conduct an independent evaluation of small-scale project proposals under the SDG Innovation Fund in the Republic of Moldova.
The selected experts will conduct activities according to the Terms of Reference (ToR).
For the detailed Terms of Reference, please address a message to the e-mail: [email protected] and showing the tender number in the message title.
- Master’s Degree in public policy, public administration, economics, social/environmental sciences or another related field, or significant relevant professional experience in evaluating project proposals can be accepted in lieu of an advanced graduate degree;
- Professional experience and local expertise in the three priority topics of the SDG Innovation Fund (i) Public Finances, (ii) Social Affairs, (iii) Environment would be an advantage and should be mentioned in the application;
- Experience in inter-sectoral cooperation between governmental and non-governmental actors and multi-stakeholder partnerships;
- Ability to identify innovative project proposals based on up-to-date ICT technologies, promoting integrated and cross-sectoral solutions, which are new to the Republic of Moldova and considering challenges and consequences posed by the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Solid knowledge of 2030 Agenda process, the SDGs localization and the general content of the Moldova 2030 National Development Strategy;
- Previous experience in funds-based project selection and evaluation, in development assistance or related work for a donor organization and in applying the LNOB Principle is a strong advantage;
- Ability to work flexible and independently, to address complex issues and to formulate comprehensive reports and recommendations.
Applications shall include:
- detailed CV and cover letter, explaining the motivation for the assignment;
- financial offer, including gross daily rate in MDL and a total amount per up to 14 workdays per assignment, for the period March 2021 – May 2021.
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract with the possibility of further extension or follow-on contract conclusion.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova, holding the Moldovan residentship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
Applications shall be submitted via email to [email protected] showing the tender number (83373056) and subject on it, not later than February 10, 2021; time 17:00.
Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.
Questions shall be e-mailed to [email protected], by showing tender number in the message title.