Deadline July 22, 2020
Open to international and national debate experts
Internews in Moldova and Promo-LEX Association is looking for an expert (national or international) to train potential moderators on professional moderation of debates, public electoral meetings, town hall meetings and online debates. The workshop will focus on the requirements of the Election Code of the Republic of Moldova for different types of elections, techniques for moderating balanced debates, skills for maintaining a respectful and neutral environment, time management, and rule enforcement in a debate environment, etc. Participants, which can be the TV moderators, journalists, opinion leaders or/and civic activists, will be selected following a separate call. The expert will have to provide in person a two-day training in Chisinau or online, if there will be restrictions, including international, related to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- A two-day training for potential debate moderators (TV moderators, opinion leaders, journalists and activists) on professional moderation of election debates, public meetings, town hall meetings and online debates;
- A report highlighting recommendations and implementation steps for the organizers, media outlets and the trained individuals;
- A specific set of rules and guidelines for behavior and moderation during public debates, town hall meetings, public meetings and online debates.
Period of implementation
September 11-12, 2020
All interested experts should submit:
- An updated CV, including two references with contact details;
- The two-day training agenda concept (topics to be covered and proposed training methods). The detailed and final agenda is not needed at this stage and will be agreed after the selection process and contract signing;
- Proposed daily rate.
Please send the requested documents to email@example.com with “Training for election moderators” in the subject line by July 22, 2020.
For any additional questions please write at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +373 60500570.
This activity is part of the USAID and UKaid funded project “Media Enabling Democracy, Inclusion and Accountability in Moldova” (MEDIA-M), implemented by Internews in Moldova, which aims to promote the development of an independent, professional media, and to create a media sector that is more resilient to political and financial pressures. It is organized in partnership with USAID awarded Promo-LEX the “Democracy, Transparency and Accountability” Program (DTAP), aiming at increasing the credibility of electoral process via election observation and promoting a conducive enabling environment for political competition.