The Embassy of the United States of America in Moldova is pleased to announce the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program competition for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2022
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished young and mid-career professionals with demonstrated leadership potential to the United States for an academic year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and substantive professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts. By providing future leaders with experience in U.S. society, culture, and professional fields, the program provides a basis for lasting, productive ties between Americans and their Moldovan professional counterparts. While program participants receive a certificate from the U.S. Government, the program is not designed to deliver an advanced degree.
- must have citizenship and live permanently in the Republic of Moldova (permanent residents of the Transnistrian region may be considered regardless of citizenship)
- be eligible for a U.S. J-1 visa. Program participants must return to and reside in Moldova for two years after completion of their program
- should have a minimum of five years full-time professional experience in the relevant field
- should be interested in the policy aspects of their field of specialization.
- must have completed a university degree program
- should have specific objectives for a research/study project
- should be proficient in both written and spoken English. Selected finalists will be required to take the TOEFL, which the Embassy will pay for.
Ineligible candidates include:
- recent university graduates (even if they currently hold significant positions);
- university professors or academic researchers with no management responsibilities (except in the fields of Substance Abuse Education, Prevention, and Treatment and Teaching of English as a Foreign Language);
- individuals who have attended a graduate school in the United States for one academic year or more during the seven years prior to the program;
- individuals with U.S. in-country experience of any kind lasting more than six months during the five years prior to the program.
- individuals with dual U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status may not apply to the program
Usually the program is announced in April with on-line application due by June 1.
How to apply
- For the on-line application, please access this link: https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey
- For more information on the program, please visit: https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/how-apply-humphrey-fellowship-program
If you have questions, please write to: email@example.com
We highly encourage you to read FAQ section found here: