How prejudiced is the media when reporting on other countries?
How can we contribute to a more nuanced and objective reporting?
How can we bring a pluralistic perspective and a more profound understanding about the realities from the different countries?
#unprejudiced is a training and networking program designed to connect young media creators from countries of the Eastern Partnership (EaP: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine) Germany and Russia.
The aim is to bring young media creators (journalists, photographers, bloggers, vloggers, podcast authors, etc.) together, in order to support their professional development by capacity building in
- analysing and understanding media (print, TV, Radio, online)
- creating and structuring journalistic work
- working together on crossborder journalistic media production
- building long term professional connections
- conveying a more objective reporting of the Eastern Partnership countries in German media
Contributions resulted in the project’s framework will be published on: https://www.goethe.de/ Every participant will receive a small fee for the published work. All training sessions and workshops as well as travel costs for the physical events will be covered by the organizers.
- be citizens and reside in one of the countries of the Eastern Partnership (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine), Germany or Russia.
- work as a staff member or freelance media creator in one of the respective countries.
- demonstrate a commitment to unprejudiced, accurate, and independent media.
- publish regularly or have at least one year of professional experience in press and/or media.
- have a good level of spoken and written English (good language skills are mandatory).
- produce at least one individual and one collective journalistic piece during the program in English or in the native language, that will be translated for the project’s website.
- be willing to commit to participate in the program from September 2021 to October 2022.
Timeline of #unprejudiced
2021 July - August: Open Call for young media creators in the countries of the Eastern Partnership, Germany and Russia
2021 September: Selection of Participants and Online Kickoff Meeting
2021 November - 2022 October: online workshops of one-day, every two months
2022 Mai: Press trip in Germany (Berlin/Hamburg) for the participating media creators in partnership with bpb
2022 April - September: 4 offline workshops of three days in four EaP-countries
2022 October: Closing offline event
Apply by sending to email@example.com:
- 1-2 examples of your work (maximum file size 5 MB) - in English or your work language
- CV - in English
- letter of motivation (explaining what makes you a suitable candidate, up to 2000 characters) - in English
The deadline for applications is August 25, 2021 inclusive.
Deadline extended for Moldova.
The program organizers do not comment on the results of the selection process.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We usually respond within three working days.
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.