The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to promote integrated urban development through partnerships built among Local Authorities of the EU Member States and of partner countries in accordance with the 2030 Agenda on sustainable development.
Partnerships will support Local Authorities from partner countries to address sustainable urban development through capacity building and service-delivery. Peer to peer exchanges of Local Authorities are at the heart of this approach. Actions could support the building of new partnerships or contribute to upscale long-lasting partnerships and cooperation relations.
The specific objectives of this Call for Proposals are:
- Strengthen urban governance
- Ensure social inclusiveness of cities
- Improve resilience and greening of cities
- Improve prosperity and innovation in cities
- Strengthen institutional resilience in context of fragility
Applicants must clearly indicate and explain how they address the following four priorities. This will be assessed under point 1.1 of the Concept Note evaluation grid. A proposal which does not clearly address all the priorities may be rejected on this sole basis.
- Clearly demonstrate their contribution to the achievement of SDG 11 “Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable”.
- Integrate in the activities the promotion of peer-to-peer learning and/or exchanges and/or short-term deployment of public officials at subnational level towards- twinning activities.
- Promote multi-stakeholders and multi-sectors approaches.
- Promote the EU development cooperation Rights-Based Approach, encompassing all human rights, including participation and access to the decision-making process, non-discrimination (including Gender Equality) and equal access, accountability and access to the rule of law and transparency and access to information.
Moldova is eligible under Lot 4:
Lot 4: Partnerships for sustainable cities in the Southern and Eastern Neighbourhood
Total available: EUR 18,000,000
Important: To apply to this call for proposals organisations must register in PADOR and submit their application in PROSPECT. All organisations may find more information regarding PROSPECT users' manual and the e-learning videos.