GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Development and Demonstration Projects, for its project ‘Promoting Green Deal Readiness in the Eastern Partnership Countries’ (PROGRESS). The project aims at supporting the countries of the Eastern Partnership (EaP) in their transition to climate-oriented, resilient, and green economic development, as well as to improve the conditions for the transformation of selected agricultural and related industrial food value chains.
This position is expected to start at the beginning of April 2024 (or earlier), for a 12-month period, with the possibility of extension based on performance.
The primary role of the Advisor is to ensure cooperation with selected PROGRESS consortium partners, as well as planning and implementing project activities in cooperation with local stakeholders, under the supervision of the Project Manager for Moldova.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- cooperation with selected PROGRESS consortium partners (i.e. European Business Association in Moldova) as well as local partners (e.g. Covenant of Mayors, local municipalities, producers/business associations, grant agreement recipients etc.)
- planning and implementing project activities in cooperation with local stakeholders (e.g. with selected agricultural organizations on smart agricultural management and with municipalities on nature-based solutions for climate adaptation)
- supervising local and international experts and/or service providers that provide consultancy services
- ensuring knowledge management and information exchange with project team, and with the other field advisors of the project on the piloting activities
- ensuring information exchange with the management team and other Advisors for demonstration projects (in other EaP countries) on the implementation status of the demonstration projects
- implementation of relevant project activities at the local level in consultation with the Project Manager and in close cooperation with the local implementation partners
- traveling to the project’s pilot regions and municipalities and to third countries, if necessary, in accordance with the project requirements
- representation of the project at workshops, seminars, conferences, and other public meetings in Moldova, as well – if required – abroad
- contribution to project management activities, e. g. for project progress reviews, monitoring reporting and contributing to PR and communication measures
- management of the contracting processes (incl. developing ToRs etc.) and performance evaluation and for technical local and international consultancy services
- development of ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts for the piloting measures, including guidelines, manuals, and other publications in close cooperation with partners
- contribution to relevant technical working groups (e.g. on agriculture, urban development, climate change etc.)
- preparation of appropriate input for various project reports including annual reports, and contributes to other reports required by the Programme/Project Manager, GIZ Head Office and donors
- assistance with research activities and studies and ensures knowledge transfer towards project transformation
- advisal the piloting organizations (i. e. agricultural organizations and local municipalities) on clarification, identifying needs, developing concepts and strategies, and provides technical or conceptual input related to the development of (sustainable) agricultural value chains and nature-based solutions for municipalities, as well as the public or private local support structures on enhancement of their support tool
- management/ coordination of the relevant human capacity development activities/ measures
- contribution to the identification of needs for external support and advice, work on policy recommendations and development of strategical approaches in close cooperation with partners
- contribution to preparing and implementing the coordination process with partners, joint programme activities and work at project level
- monitoring the development and implementation of project plans and activities in close consultation with partners, identifies bottlenecks and recommends alternative management options to the Project Manager
- development and organization of quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives
- usage of the GIZ’s management model Capacity WORKS
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova
- university degree (Bachelor or Master’s) in a relevant subject (e. g. social or political science, economics, agriculture science, sustainable agriculture, natural resource management, agricultural economics, environmental science, urban development or similar) and /or additional training in a relevant subject (e.g. agriculture, organic agriculture, natural re-source management, sustainable land management, urban development, value chains)
- knowledge and practices of good agricultural practices, ecosystem services, integrated ecological management
- broad knowledge of the (local) agriculture in Moldova and/or municipal sector, its relevant stakeholders and current policies/structure
- at least 5 years of professional experience in a comparable position
- working experience with international development cooperation represents an advantage
- preparedness and flexibility for frequent business travel to rural areas
- creativity and innovative out-of-the-box thinking
- excellent communication skills
- passion for the environment, livelihoods, and social inclusion
- very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (e-mail, MS teams) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- very good (academic) skills in writing and speaking in Romanian language, fluent English skills in writing and speaking; knowledge of German is of advantage
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- driving license, cat B is an advantage
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova
Applications, including detailed CV, references, and motivation letter (in English) shall be sent not later than 23 February 2024, time 15:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.The applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ
retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- USAID/Moldova Vacancy Announcement - Project Management Assistant (Design and Strategy)
- GIZ - Financial and Administrative Specialist
- Fundraiser în organizație non-comercială, A.O. ''CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale''
- Acted is hiring Site Mangement Project Officer
- UPDATE - termen limită - 29 ianuarie - Dreamups angajează: Expert/ă în Managementul Organizațional
- Invest Moldova - Șef Secție Suport la Etapa Postinvestițională (Aftercare)
- Asociația Promo-LEX anunță concurs de selectare pentru poziția de Monitor al finanțelor partidelor politice la nivel local în cinci unități administrativ teritoriale: Ocnița, Orhei, Ștefan Vodă, Strășeni, Basarabeasca (5 persoane)
- Asociația Media-Guard anunță concurs public pentru poziția de SMM reporter/ă
- Project Analyst /Social Cohesion (NPSA-9) - Effective Governance Cluster- 16314
- Internews în Moldova angajează Specialist în Finanțe