Local Communication and Outreach Consultant to support MCI communication and outreach activities
The Model Court Initiative (MCI or the Project) is a six-year (January 2021- January 2027) USAID-funded Task Order 1 under the Moldova Effective Justice indefinite quantity contract, implemented by Dexis Consulting Group (“Dexis”). To foster an efficient, accessible, and transparent justice system that uniformly applies the rule of law, MCI works to improve the performance of courts in delivering quality justice services and to enhance the connection between courts, communities, and system users. MCI has two primary objectives: 1) selected Moldovan courts identified and supported through targeted assistance to improve functioning and services to gain model court status, and 2) supplementary national level assistance provided in key areas necessary for changes to enhance court improvement at the individual level, including but not limited to support to the newly created Superior Council of Magistracy, the new Supreme Court of Justice, and other key legal actors in Moldova.
As part of the planned activities, MCI aims to support the selected Pilot Model Courts (PMCs) in developing their communication skills and in implementing communication practices to better interact with their beneficiaries, media and general public. In addition, MCI aims to raise awareness of public at large about the Project’s objectives and results, and increase the use of court innovations, contributing to greater public confidence in the Moldovan judiciary.
The expected outcome of MCI communication and outreach activities are that PMCs are better equipped to manage communication with court users, press and general public. Also, MCI’s counterparts, beneficiaries and general public will be better informed about MCI’s objectives, activities and results through different communication tools, which will enhance the Project's long-term impact and the accessibility of courts. In addition, MCI’s institutional partners will improve their capacity to design and implement communication and outreach activities.
Therefore, MCI proposes to engage a local Communication and Outreach Consultant (hereinafter “Consultant”) who will support MCI communication and outreach efforts in PMCs and on the national level.
The goal of the assignment is to support MCI to meet its institutional partners’ communication needs and ensure efficient visibility and sustainability of Project results.
The main objectives of the assignment are:
- To mentor and train PMCs’ representatives to strengthen their communication capacity.
- To ensure the transfer of best practices developed by PMCs to other courts and national-level authorities.
- To improve communication and outreach skills of MCI’s institutional partners.
- To increase the visibility of MCI achievements and maximize the impact of the Project.
C. Tasks and Activities
The Consultant’s tasks and responsibilities within this assignment will be carried out during the period of February 12, 2024 – December 31, 2024 with the possibility of extension, and will be focused on the following intervention areas:
- Review of documents provided by MCI, including, but not limited to MCI approved Annual Work Plan and previously developed communication materials and deliverables.
- Work collaboratively with the Project/PMCs team and MCI’s institutional partners and ensure constant communication and coordination regarding all aspects of the assignment.
- Provide assistance and guidance on PMCs’/MCI’s and its institutional partners’ communication and outreach activities and products, upon necessity.
- Support MCI team in developing communication and outreach content in line with the USAID standards, guides, and policies.
- Develop procurement documentation (e.g. scope of work and evaluation criteria) for the implementation of PMCs’, MCI’s and its institutional partners’ communication and outreach activities, and participate in the evaluation process of submitted offers, upon necessity.
- Contribute to ensuring the quality of deliverables received by MCI as a result of contract execution by Project contractors in communication and outreach field of work.
- Assist MCI with developing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Incorporate feedback of MCI on first draft of produced deliverables and develop their final version.
- Timely, fully, and accurately report to MCI on the services performed under this Scope of Work.
To improve the communication capacity of PMCs’ representatives, the Consultant will be responsible for:
- Developing training materials, preparing practical exercises and providing training to PMCs on using social media and writing social media posts, copywriting (including writing press releases and other media products), organizational branding, and customer service; ensuring evaluation of training quality and assessment of further training needs.
- Facilitating PMCs’ cooperation with mass media and organizing media collaboration round tables, press-conferences, and other similar events.
- Assisting PMCs with the creation and management of social media accounts and developing and posting of content designed to grow PMCs’ audience across social media platforms and PMCs’ webpages.
- Assisting PMCs with developing, reviewing, finalizing, and disseminating reports, organizational plans, presentations, posters, infographics, leaflets and other communication materials.
- Supporting PMCs in developing and implementing their communication strategies.
- Coordinating and communicating with MCI contractors for purposes of the development of video and written materials, or other types of media products on various aspects of PMCs’ activities. When doing so, the Consultant may be required to regularly inform MCI of the contractors’ performance.
To support MCI communication and outreach effort on national level, the local Consultant will be responsible for:
- Preparing press releases about MCI national level events and Project achievements, as well as talking points, speeches, presentations, and other types of similar materials for senior management.
- Assisting with developing, reviewing, finalizing (including layouts), and disseminating MCI presentations, posters, infographics, newsletters, factsheets, leaflets and other communication products.
- Assisting in the development and editing of MCI reports and other documents, upon necessity.
- Coordinating and communicating with MCI contractors about the development of video and written materials, or other types of media products on various aspects of Project activities. When doing so, the Consultant may be required to regularly inform MCI of the contractors’ performance.
- Developing short posts for social media and online resources, as well as social media posting plans to increase public awareness of MCI activities.
- Designing and coordinating implementation of comprehensive media campaigns (not limited to social media), upon necessity.
- Helping to improve the communications capacity of MCI’s institutional partners.
- Assisting MCI’s institutional partners with developing, reviewing, finalizing (including layout), and disseminating reports, organizational plans, presentations, posters, infographics, leaflets, informative videos, and other communication and outreach materials.
- Supporting MCI institutional partners in developing and implementing a communication strategy for the judiciary.
- Supporting the organization of various MCI public events in order to achieve better Project implementation, recognition and visibility.
- Procurement documentation (e.g. scope of work and evaluation criteria) for contracting local consultants or companies for the implementation of MCI communication and outreach activities.
- Training materials for training the PMCs’ representatives on various aspects of communication.
- Design and implementation of media campaigns.
- Communication strategy for the PMCs/judiciary and assistance for its implementation.
- Video/audio products and materials.
- Text-based content and layouts.
- Advisory, coordination and guidance services on different aspects of communication and outreach activities conducted by PMCs, MCI and its counterparts.
- Support in organizing various MCI or PMCs’ public events.
- Other tasks mutually agreed upon, according to paragraph ‘C’ above.
- Monthly Consultant’s reports containing the description of Consultant’s activities (maximum 3 pages long, not including supporting documents/annexes) due by the end of each month.
The deliverables shall be provided to the MCI Chief of Party or a designated MCI staff member.
All deliverables must be submitted in Romanian and/or English, at MCI request.
E. Level of Effort
The anticipated total level of effort of this consultancy is maximum 180 days. The Consultant shall not exceed the anticipated total level of effort without prior written approval from the Dexis Governance Division. The authorized work week is five (5) days per week, eight (8) hours per day. The Consultant will submit individualized monthly timesheets, recording hours worked.
F. Location and Period of Assignment
The Consultant will carry out the work both off-site and on-site, in accordance with the number of days listed above. The estimated period of performance is February 12, 2024 – December 31, 2024.
The estimated period of consultancy can be extended should consultancy services be needed beyond the initial period.
The Consultant is expected to travel to the location of MCI and PMCs’ events, as well as to the central and secondary locations of the PMCs situated in Moldova, as often as needed. Transportation services to and from the central and secondary locations of the PMCs, as well as to and from MCI and PMCs’ events held outside of Chisinau, will be covered by MCI.
The travel time will be considered work time. MCI will inform the Consultant in advance about travel days and travel arrangements.
The Consultant will meet the following criteria:
- A university degree in communications, journalism or a closely related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in communication services.
- Experience in developing diverse types of communication content for a wide array of audiences.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, where factual accuracy and consistency of information is essential.
- Ability to express complicated terminology in easy-to-understand messages.
- Experience with event planning and management.
- Strong interpersonal and team-player skills are required.
- A native Romanian language speaker, fluent in English and Russian.
- Previous experience working for a donor-funded project in Moldova is a strong advantage.
- Experience in interacting with media in Moldova would be an advantage.
- Previous experience working for a judicial body in Moldova would be an advantage.
- Be independent, take initiative, and manage work with limited supervision.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet stated deadlines.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the members of the organization and its counterparts.
- Ability to think creatively and be attentive to details.
- Ability to adapt, learn and have a flexible approach.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and a current CV to: email@example.com by January 26, 2024, and should note “Local Communication and Outreach Consultant” in the email subject line. This position is open to Moldovan citizens only.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- PR&Communication Manager/ ZIPHOUSE Fashion Innovation Hub
- Asociația Promo-LEX anunță concurs de selectare pentru poziția de Monitor al finanțelor partidelor politice la nivel local în cinci unități administrativ teritoriale: Ocnița, Orhei, Ștefan Vodă, Strășeni, Basarabeasca (5 persoane)
- Asociația Media-Guard anunță concurs public pentru selectare expert/ă media
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de director-adjunct al Departamentului Supraveghere Bancară
- Organizația HelpAge International selectează un expert/ o expertă sau o agenție pentru realizarea Entry și Exit Survey într-un proiect din domeniul prevenirii violenței și asistență incluzivă pentru femeile în etate
- Extended deadline: National Consultant on Disability Area - UN Women Moldova
- Communication officer - HEKS/EPER
- Procurement Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project - 13507
- Driver/Clerk (Sofer) - UNDP Moldova/Green Transition Project
- Termen extins: Selectarea unui consultant pentru elaborarea regulamentelor, statutelor și instrucțiunilor administrative pentru Consiliile Locale de Tineret și ONG-uri din Cahul și Ungheni