Programul Alimentar Mondial (WFP) este o organizație umanitară a ONU care oferă ajutor alimentar sub formă de numerar, certificate sau alimente comunităților afectate de război. În activitățile sale, PAM este ghidat de principiile umanitare ale neutralității, imparțialității, umanității și independenței. Bazându-se pe pasiunea, angajamentul și profesionalismul a celor 24.000 de angajați din întreaga lume, Programul Alimentar Mondial (WFP) lucrează în peste 123 de țări și teritorii pentru a livra alimente persoanelor strămutate de conflict sau afectate în urma dezastrelor. În plus, WFP ajută comunitățile afectate să găsească soluții radicale la numeroase provocări cu care se confruntă în timp ce își construiesc un viitor mai bun.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
🚩 Vacancy Announcement №:830559
📢 Job Title: Programme Policy Officer
📌Type of Contract: Service Contract (SC9)
➡️ Unit / Division: Programme
📍 Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
➡️ Duration: 12 months (renewable)
⏰ Closing date: 27 December 2023, midnight (Central European Time)
❗❗ The position is only open to Moldovan nationals or residents of Moldova, with a legal work permit
🔄 Successful candidates will be placed on the roster and rostered applicants may be contacted in the upcoming 12 months on an as-needed basis, for immediate opportunities.
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian organization saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity, for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do, and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
What will you do in this position?
Provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
Why work with us?
Since the beginning of the Ukraine refugee crisis in February 2022, WFP set up operations in Moldova to assist in the refugee response. To respond to the deepening vulnerabilities of the crisis-affected populations and to strengthen the government's shock-responsive capacity, WFP has drafted a Transitional Interim Country Strategic Plan (T-ICSP), which outlines the activities in the country until August 2023. The TiCSP is likely to be followed by an Interim Country Strategic Plan (iCSP), with an anticipated duration of up to 2 years (end 2025.)
➡️ WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate.
➡️ WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment.
➡️ WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities.
➡️ A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe.
➡️ WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, leave plus a medical insurance.
How can you make a difference?
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
1. Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
2. Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of considerable size/complexity, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
3. Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
4. Research and analyze a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of policies, programmes and activities.
5. Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
6. Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects, and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
7. Support the identification, development, and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
8. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners, and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g., through providing inputs into training materials.
9. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
10. Other as required.
To join us in saving and changing lives, you have:
Education: Master's Degree or a Bachelor's Degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience: With a Master's degree, at least 03 years of relevant professional work experience in programme implementation including but not limited to: Cash-Based Transfers, Food Services, Social Protection or other related areas
a Bachelor's degree with 05 years of experience in the same fields.
Language: Fluency in Romanian, Russian and English (read, write and speak).
Before you apply...
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
We aim to achieve parity in our teams in Moldova. Qualified women applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service
How do you apply...
To be considered, you are invited to apply via Career Opportunities: Programme Policy Officer SC9 (3 roles) (830559) (successfactors.eu)
CV and cover letter must be submitted in English language.
Only those who are short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next steps of our recruitment process.
We also encourage you to create your candidate profile and set up WFP job alerts to learn more about all the opportunities available to join us and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
WFP Leadership Framework
These are the shared standards of behavior that guide how we work together to accomplish our mission.
|Lead by example with integrity
|Obtain results and respect your commitments
|Foster inclusive and collaborative teamwork
|Apply strategic thinking
|Establish and maintain lasting partnerships
Lives the values of WFP and demonstrates humanity and integrity by setting an example of caring for others.
Respect your commitments and adapt easily to change.
Is open to all and collaborative and contributes to a culture of learning and personal development.
Demonstrate commitment to gathering perspectives, analyzing options and risks, and proposing new ways of doing things.
Establish and maintain external partnerships and collaborate with partners to achieve common goals.
Behavioral expectations vary depending on your rank and role/responsibility within WFP.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP's standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process, including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Internews în Moldova angajează Specialist în Finanțe
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de șef-adjunct de direcție, supraveghere organizații de creditare nebancară
- NRC is looking for Shelter Assistant Moldova Ocnita
- Extended- NDI Moldova Job Vacancy: Program Officer, Opinion Research & Infotegrity
- HelpAge Moldova selectează formator/ formatoare pentru facilitarea sesiunii de instruire în scrierea proiectelor
- Extended - NDI is seeking to recruit Program Assistants (Two Positions Available)
- Centrul de Drept al Femeilor anunță concurs pentru selectarea unui expert/e, a unui grup de experte/ți pentru acordarea serviciilor de instruire și mentorat în domeniul inițierii și dezvoltării activităților generatoare de venit
- OSCE Mission to Moldova is hiring Drivers (G2) Roster Call
- Invest Moldova - Specialist Principal în Direcția Investiții și Protejarea Investițiilor
- People in Need Moldova angajează Enumerator / Enumerator în teren (RO/ RU/ EN)