LOCATION: Based in Chişinău, Moldova
COMPENSATION: Starting salary is $13,595 with a maximum salary of $20,393
CLOSING DATE: 23:59 on Sunday, December 3, 2023
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time contracted position, 40 hours per week.
The Training Assistant (TA) is responsible to support Peace Corps Moldova blended learning and e-learning design, online course management and assessment and development and maintenance of the Peace Corps Learning Management System (LMS). The Training Assistant provides office and field support with all the training operations to the Training Manager (TM) and to Programming and Training staff as well as to contracted trainers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Blended Learning Design and Support
· Provides support to the TM to ensure that the blended learning experiences meet all requirements.
· Assists staff in designing and editing the e-learning experiences.
· In coordination with the TM, designs the e-learning content and assessments.
· Edits PC Moldova LMS courses regularly proofreading and updating the content.
· Assists with creating and maintaining a Resource Library both digitally and in person.
· Support staff developing on-going, self-directed learning and support for Peace Corps Volunteers (PCV).
· Provides technical support and guidance to course developers and to Peace Corps Trainees (PCT) and PCVs.
· Ensures digital learning content is aligned with agency requirements.
· In coordination with the TM, conducts surveys, revisions, and analyzes data.
· Collaborates with other staff on facilitation training activities.
· Provides administrative and logistical support for training events.
· Serves as an off-site coordinator for training events outside of Chisinau.
· Supports the TM and Admin Unit in the identification and selection of venues and lodging accommodations.
· In coordination with the Budget and Financial Assistant prepares contracts for training venues.
· Assist in recruitment of contracted training staff.
· Assist in the recruitment and selection of qualified candidates.
· Makes an inventory of training supplies and equipment in stock and designs a list of supplies needed for each training event.
· Keeps track of training supplies during the year.
· Provides Programming and Training staff with the supplies and equipment needed for the training events.
· Track monthly and weekly trainings activities.
· Makes payments during training events (meals, coffee breaks, transportation if needed).
· Executes payments for training needs and ensures adequate documentation.
· In coordination with the Budget and Financial Assistant maintains and accounts for petty cash fund as appropriate.
· Reports training expenses to Director of Management and Operations on a regular basis.
· In coordination with the General Service Manager arranges transportation for staff during the training events.
· Prepares, coordinates and communicates logistics for staff travel during the training events.
· In coordination with the IT Specialist ensures proper equipment availability for all types of training activities.
Accurate review of goods or services, their accompanying invoices, and the purchase order/contract to ensure that the specifications, quality, amounts, price, timeliness, etc. of the goods are consistent with the terms and conditions of the contract/purchase order after successful completion of the requisite training to perform receiving duties.
· Provides safety and security support to PC Volunteers and staff and assists in MS 270 regulations compliance.
· Immediately communicates Volunteer safety and security concerns and issues to the Safety and Security Manager (SSM) and CD. Knowledgeable and supportive of Peace Corps safety and security policies and procedures, including the timely reporting of suspicious incidents, persons or articles.
· Performs duties during a flexible work week with a flexible work schedule as indicated in the contract.
· Events may require occasional work in the evenings and on weekends and holidays.
· May require lifting and arranging of classroom and office furniture and equipment.
· May be required to courier cash and/or purchase orders to various vendors, PCTs or PCVs.
· May be required to operate a US government owned vehicle.
Qualifications, skills and abilities:
· Education: University Degree in any field.
· Experience: 2 years professional work experience in Moldova with an NGO, international organization, educational organization, or similar entity or department.
· Language: Fluent Romanian, Russian and English (written and oral).
· Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Minimum 1 year experience with logistics, event planning and/or budgeting; Minimum 1 year experience in training, facilitation, and/or teaching; Minimum 1 year experience providing customer service or related interpersonal support; Experience providing English translation (written and oral); Experience working in a cross-cultural setting and as a member of a multicultural team; Experience working with Americans and/or Peace Corps Volunteers; Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Suite products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Experience with an online Learning Management System (e.g. Moodle, Edmodo, Blackboard) desired.
Submit Application in English:
US Peace Corps
Str. Grigore Ureche, 12
Subject : Attention! Training Assistant
*CV and Cover Letter in MS Word format
The anticipated contract is contingent on availability of funds, reference checks, successful completion of a background check, and medical examination. Only those invited to an interview will be contacted. Peace Corps reserves the right to not evaluate or to withhold an offer of a personal services contract to an individual that has a history of poor past performance or conduct as a Peace Corps Trainee, Volunteer, or staff member (USDH, PSC, or FSN). Peace Corps reserves the right to withhold an offer of a personal services contract to an individual that is a relative or household member of a current Peace Corps staff member. Individuals who have current or prior connections with intelligence activities or agencies through employment, related work, or even family relations may be ineligible for a personal services contract. The selected individual will be required to follow any workplace health and/or safety rules indicated for their position – including complying with any medical and/or training requirements specified for their position in accordance with public health and/or occupational health or safety policies. Peace Corps will not discriminate against an applicant because of that person's race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older, except when the applicant is beyond the mandatory retirement age in the country of assignment), disability, or genetic information.
Peace Corps Moldova is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Development Results & Partnership Specialist (NOC) - UNDP Moldova Country Office
- UNICEF Moldova: Individual Consultancy to support the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection and Ministry of Education and Research in carrying out social policy reforms
- National Consultant on Judicial Statistics and Development of Judicial Information System
- Project Component Manager (Multiple Post) (NPSA-9) - UNDP Moldova/Energy Transition
- British Embassy Chisinau is hiring a Project Officer
- Termen extins: HelpAge International angajează Ofițer de Comunicare
- Short-Term Expert within Tender no. 83450721 - Assessment of project’s implementation mechanisms compliance with GIZ’s rules and processes, BMZ, EU and SDC requirements and OECD/DAC criteria
- ADMA anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției vacante de Contabil / Contabilă în Secția financiar administrativă
- Driver / Administrative Clerk - UNDP Moldova/PRIM Project
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului anunță concurs pentru postul de jurist principal (responsabil de achiziții publice), Secția juridica și achiziții