Duration : 6 months
Start date : 01-Dec-2023
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
Impact Engineering department is part of the Technical Engineering Area. Its general objective is to support the coherency of tools, indicators and processes to allow for an efficient impact analysis of programs.
Under the general guidance of the Deputy country Director for programs and the Regional MEAL Representative, the MEAL Manager is responsible for supporting the development and harmonization of effective and robust Gender sensitive Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning processes.
To always be responsive to the beneficiaries needs and ensure that their views are reflected in project design and implementation. To contribute to Action Against Hunger Moldova Mission strategy planning and programme development.
Key activities in your role will include
- Develop MEAL mission strategy and ensure its effective roll out and implementation.
- Ensure appropriation of International Strategy by Moldova mission and collaborate on international strategy.
- Ensure adoption of MEAL quality standards at Moldova mission.
- Engage with diverse internal and external stakeholders (other INGOs, donors, etc…) to share experiences and advocate for best practices around gender sensitive MEAL.
- Support, coordinate and adapt M&E mechanisms and practices.
- Provide guidance and technical recommendations regarding the development of gender sensitive and protection needs assessments at country level, where requested.
- Plan & execute M&E Plan in project according to M&E Standards.
- Improve or disseminate M&E tools in coordination with technical team & MEAL regional and facilitate the implementation within missions.
- Implement monitoring and evaluation tools in transversal matters.
- Lead and support gender sensitive qualitative & quantitative research across multiple countries.
- Perform program quality assurance and support the country offices MEAL HoD in data quality audits, in mid-term and final reviews and provide guidance on field monitoring and evaluations.
- Promote the application of good practices in needs assessments and program design.
- Develop Gender sensitive FBM (Feedback Mechanism) tools and protocols.
- Lead and encourage the MEAL team and enumerators in strengthening and rolling out their gender sensitive accountability and learning frameworks at mission level, providing regular communication flows and sharing of best practices.
- Ensure timely establishment of stakeholder FBM and Accountability Frameworks at mission level based on existing best practices within Action Against Hunger.
- Develop an evidence-based programming and Good Practice Management.
- Take part in Regional MEAL community and participate in the international MEAL community.
- Develop capacity building initiatives with identified stakeholders, including training and mentoring for field staff and partners based on gaps in specific areas of knowledge and practice.
- Train technical focal points, regional office staff and partners on M&E tools, database use and sex and age disaggregated data interpretation to improve data for decision making.
- Develop a gender sensitive training curriculum for MEAL middle-level management and perform trainings.
- Support country office in the recruitment process for M&E-related roles.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Degree in research, statistics, social sciences, international development, humanitarian affairs, project management, or equivalent fields.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in research, including both qualitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing MEAL systems for various projects.
- Experience managing a complex MEAL program component (including establishing MEAL systems) of complex MEAL activities and supervising staff.
- Knowledge of MEAL tools, methods, and techniques for humanitarian and development programming.
- Experience developing comprehensive MEAL plans, including designing theories of change, logical frameworks.
- Experience integrating inclusive approaches into monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities (especially for gender and social inclusiveness).
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and data visualization.
- Demonstrated technical writing ability in English.
- Demonstrated experience and interest in building the capacity of project staff, local partners, and other stakeholders as relevant.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment and collaborate in a multi-agency setting.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and in a team-oriented setting.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, decision-making skills, resourcefulness, and flexibility.
- Demonstrated leadership in learning to practice and in promoting an open culture of learning.
- At least 2 years of experience within humanitarian organizations, and at least 1 years at coordination level in M&E Positions or tasks.
- Experience in large scale emergency response and multi countries portfolio monitoring and evaluation and reporting to donors.
- Extensive experience in conducting surveys, assessments and evaluation for multiple sectors (Nutrition and Health, WaSH, Food Security and Livelihoods, Mental Health and Care practices, disaster risk reduction).
- English language professional fluency, Romanian / Russian languages are required.
- Able to work under Windows OS. Proficiency on the basic office tools (at least Word and Excel) Knowledge on databases and mobile data collection systems (ODK/Kobo) would be desirable.
- Knowledge on analysis (R, SPSS) or visualization (PowerBi, Tableau) would be desirable.
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract
- Base: Chisinau (Moldova)
- Salary: according to Action Against Hunger salary scale and to candidate’s previous experience.
Interested candidates must send their resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Action against Hunger is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work such as but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial misconduct; We expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through endorsing our code of conduct and other related policies and only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- HR & Admin Officer in MdM
- Policy Specialist
- Coaliția Est-Europeană pentru Egalitatea LGBT+ deschide un concurs pentru postul de Manager pe Social Media
- Centrul CONTACT angajează expert/expertă sau grup de experți în evaluarea finală a capacității în Advocacy a 3 Platforme de OSC-uri din republică
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert/ă consultant/ă în raportări
- Angajăm expert în domeniul drepturilor persoanelor cu dizabilități
- Centrul de Informații GENDERDOC-M angajează coordonator / coordonatoare de program dezvoltarea comunității LGBT
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist coordonator, pe durată determinată, responsabil de control și evaluare riscuri
- UNFPA Programme Analyst on GBV, NO-B (FTA), Chisinau, Moldova
- Helvetas is hiring Field Officer