The purpose of the Shelter and WASH Technical Officer (Electrical) position is to implement delegated Shelter project portfolio. The following is a brief description of the role:
1. Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines as well as Government rules and regulations.
2. Implement delegated Shelter/WASH project portfolio activities according to plan of action specifically in
regard to technical aspects.
3. Prepare and develop technical status reports as required by management.
4. Ensure proper filing of technical documents in both hard and soft copies.
1. Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess ways to assist.
2. Promote and share ideas for technical improvement in relation to both the “hard” and “soft” components
of Shelter/WASH programming.
5. Actively participate in capacity building trainings, workshops and seminars organized by NRC.
6. Actively participate in developing work plans for the technical aspects shelter/WASH activities.
7. Ensure that gender and protection mainstreaming are carried out at the field level.
8. Collaborate with teams from other Core Competencies to ensure that project participants are provided
with the full packages of services available through NRC’s programming according to the beneficiaries
specific and self-identified needs.
These responsibilities shall be adapted/revised to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of
operation, strategic focus, and type of programme intervention.
1. Lead technical needs assessments, focus group discussions, contractor meetings, and technical
discussions with stakeholders.
2. Supervise the project participants selection in accordance with the technical project selection criteria.
3. Prepare training and Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials for project participants.
4. Monitor the rehabilitation works by the contractor, daily laborers and/or any repairs done by the project
5. Consolidate site level BoQs for inclusion in procurement documents. Ensure that content specifications
are precise and work with logistics to obtain samples as needed.
6. Supervise and/or prepare the production of site level BoQs. Assist with the development of standardized
7. Assist in the development of technical specifications for materials and construction activities. Prepare
technical designs as required.
8. Ensure project documentation filing is compliant.
9. Oversee the monitoring of the project activities, in collaboration with the M&E team. Assist with the
development of a lesson learned document.
10. Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the Project Coordinator.
Generic professional competencies:
• University graduate or diploma/technical institute in electrical engineering.
• Three years’ experience in similar sector.
• Experience in planning, design and implementation of electrical/construction projects.
• Experience in studies/planning regarding energy efficiency of shelters.
• Experience in monitoring and documenting project implementation.
• Proven skills in developing BoQs, SoW, and technical material specifications.
• Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
• Strong computer skills, especially in Word and Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft Project and CAD is a plus.
• Fluency in English and Romanian, both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of Ukrainian or/and Russian is considered an asset.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
• Knowledge of the context in Republic of Moldova or Ukraine is preferred but not mandatory.
• Previous experience working for humanitarian organizations, specifically in a Shelter or WASH
Programme is considered an asset.
2. Behavioral competencies:
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies and the following are essential for this position:
• Managing resources to optimize results.
• Managing performance and development.
• Empowering and building trust.
• Managing conflicts.
• Handling insecure environments.
• Planning and delivering results.
• Flexible and creative
• Pro-active, goal-oriented and results driven.
Salary:33985 mdl brut
Kindly note that empty or incomplete applications as well as CVs received via email will not be considered official and will not be processed.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Caritas Moldova is hiring Communications Officer
- Peace Corps: Security Guard
- Anunț de angajare pentru funcția de contabil/contabilă, pe perioadă determinată, în cadrul Centrului de Instruire Continuă în Domeniul Electoral
- Coordonator(oare) Finante Programe / Programme Finance Associate (G-7) - UNDP Moldova Country Office
- ADMA anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției vacante de Specialist principal / Specialistă principală în Secția dezvoltare și cooperare externă
- UNFPA Communication Manager Youth Programmes, Chisinau, Moldova (Service Contract, SB4.3)
- Caritas Moldova angajeaza Coordonator de Voluntari
- Senior Human Resources Associate
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal/ă responsabil/ă de elaborarea statisticilor macroeconomice din cadrul contului curent al Balanței de plăți a Republicii Moldova (venituri secundare și contului de capital).
- Programme Officer – Moldova