Startup Moldova Foundation Executive Director
Startup Moldova is a private initiative, a non-profit organization, founded in April 2021 by the National Association of ICT Companies (ATIC). Led by a team of Board Members, our organization is dedicated to accelerating economic growth and prosperity in the Republic of Moldova through a thriving startup and digital innovation ecosystem.
The mission at Startup Moldova is to empower startups, entrepreneurs, and innovators by providing them with the resources, support, and opportunities they need to thrive and contribute to the economic growth and prosperity of the Republic of Moldova. Through strategic partnerships, advocacy, mentorship, and education, we aim to build a robust startup ecosystem that drives economic development, job creation, and sustainable progress in Moldova.
Started 2021, Startup Moldova has developed partnerships with development partners, such as the EU Delegation, USAID, Embassy of Sweden, UKAid, Terres des Hommes, as well as a range of private companies from Moldova: Orange, Premier Energy, Bayer Moldova, Starnet and others, who are supporting the organization in its pursue to develop the tech startups ecosystem.
The key areas of activity at Startup Moldova Foundation are:
- Foster a collaborative ecosystem: To nurture Moldova’s startup ecosystem, we craft a strategy, engage the community, and promote local founders. Our community events, overview of events and programs, and directory of startups support collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Improve access to funding: Enhancing Moldova’s funding landscape, we shape the legal framework and mentor startups for successful fundraising. We foster connections with investors, build trust, and establish dedicated funds for financial backing while reinforcing the ecosystem’s growth with community programs.
- Nurture startups growth: We aim to nurture Moldovan startups by contributing to a pro-startups legal environment, offering mentorship and access to essential services. Additionally, we support their global exposure at key international events.
Job Title: Executive Director
Requirements on Experience
- Five or more years senior management or successful entrepreneurial experience
- Proven understanding of non-profit governance and specific challenges would be a plus
- Deep understanding of the technology sector in Moldova or similar countries
- Exposure to the startup ecosystem would be a plus
- Up-to-speed and genuinely curious about latest developments in technology and related business models
- Active experience in fundraising through sponsorships, grants, donations or business development, in general
- Fluency in Romanian and English languages
- Broad managerial skills including financial, people and project management
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with innovative approach to planning, programme management and stakeholder engagement
- Excellent communication and networking skills with proven exposure to various stakeholders in business, public sector, educational institutions or civil society;
- Advocacy experience would be a plus
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative and make decisions
- Flexibility and adaptability, familiar with agile and new ways of working
- Works closely with the board, informing, assessing, and addressing issues that affect the organization
- Participates in the development of the long-term strategy and value proposition of the organization, including by providing relevant analysis (internal and external) to the governance bodies of the organization
- Oversees the daily operations of the organization, providing executive direction of all program strategy, fundraising, compliance, quality assurance, and program efficiency while ensuring the organization’s financial sustainability
- Attracts funding, including traditional fundraising and donor engagement, contribute to the writing and securing of grants from foundations, pursuing corporate sponsorship, public partnership, social enterprise models, special events, etc.
- Represents the organization in front of all stakeholders: governance structures, donors, government, beneficiaries of programmes, including by being the spokesperson in events and mass-media
- Attracts, motivates and retains talent to support the implementation of the strategy
Interested candidates shall submit CV and motivation letter, in English, by December 4, 2023 to email@example.com. The subject of the email will include the following information: Name/Surname/Startup Moldova Foundation Executive Director.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- NDI Moldova Job Vacancy: Program Assistant/Associate
- Project Administrative Associate (NPSA-6) - Green Transition Project
- Manager calitate servicii, A.O.”CONCORDIA. Proiecte sociale”
- Procurement Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project - 13507
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de reglementarea prudențială
- Communication Analyst (NPSA-8) - The Swiss-UNDP Project: Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM)
- Development Results & Partnership Specialist (NOC) - UNDP Moldova Country Office
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă
- Centrul de Informații GENDERDOC-M angajează coordonator / coordonatoare de program dezvoltarea comunității LGBT
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de jurisconsult/ă coordonator/oare, pe durata determinată, Direcția avizare juridică și contencios