CONCORDIA Social Projects is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified international MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning) consultant for 20 working days. The consultant will be responsible for reviewing the existing Key Performance Indicator (KPI) methodology for our programme interventions and developing guidelines for its implementation. Additionally, the consultant will develop training materials based on the revised KPI methodology and provide training in multiple countries to enhance the capacity of social workers and project managers in planning, implementing, and supporting data collection.
Rationale of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) consultancy
CONCORDIA is an organisation which acknowledges the value of tracking the progress and impact of its services transparently and reliably. In the direction of assessing to what extent and how our work is affecting the lives of our programme participants, we defined five strategic Key Performance Indicators in line with our Theory of Change, the CONCORDIA Impact Model, which will capture on an international level the impact of our work.
The MEAL consultant will be responsible for reviewing the existing Key Performance Indicator (KPI) methodology for CONCORDIA’s programme pathways and developing guidelines for its implementation. Additionally, the MEAL consultant will develop training materials based on the revised KPI methodology and provide training in multiple countries to enhance the capacity of social workers and project managers in planning, implementing, and supporting data collection.
For this, the MEAL consultant will work in coordination with CONCORDIA’s management team.
The primary objectives of this consultancy are as follows:
- Review and revise the existing KPI methodology for programme interventions.
- Develop clear and practical guidelines for the implementation of the revised KPI methodology.
- Create training materials to support the understanding and implementation of the revised KPI methodology.
- Conduct training sessions in multiple countries for social workers and project managers to enhance their capacity in data collection, focusing on qualitative and quantitative data, with a specific emphasis on case management reports.
- Improve the methodology for collecting information on KPI indicators, making it accessible to staff with limited experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection.
- Ensure that all data collected is tracked effectively in the internal database that has already been developed.
Scope of work
The MEAL consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Review the existing KPI methodology, including the indicators, data collection processes, and tools.
- Revise and refine the KPI indicators based on program goals and objectives.
- Develop clear and user-friendly guidelines for implementing the revised KPI methodology.
- Create training materials, including presentations, handouts, and exercises, to facilitate the understanding and implementation of the KPI methodology.
- Conduct training sessions in multiple countries (Kosovo – 1 day, Moldova – 3 days, Bulgaria – 1 day, Romania – 1 day, Austria – online, 0.5 days) for social workers and project managers.
- Strengthen the capacity of participants in planning, implementing, and supporting data collection, focusing on case management reports.
- Ensure that the data collected, both qualitative and quantitative, is accurately entered and tracked in the internal database.
Provide ongoing support and guidance to staff during and after the training.
Management and Monitoring
The MEAL consultant will work with the International Programme Director and the Senior Programme Advisor in Vienna.
The MEAL consultant is expected to deliver the following:
- A comprehensive review of the existing KPI methodology.
- Revised KPI indicators and a clear methodology for data collection.
- User-friendly guidelines for the implementation of the KPI methodology.
- Training materials, including presentations, handouts, and exercises.
- Training reports for each training workshop and country visited, highlighting the progress made and areas for improvement.
- Ongoing support and guidance to staff for a specified period after the training.
The consultant candidate should bring to the position:
- A well-founded background in social science, or another relevant field;
- Excellent command of English is mandatory; knowledge of Romanian is considered a big advantage;
- A minimum of 3 years experience and expertise in MEAL of similar programmes and proven experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- At least one letter of recommendation from relevant institutions/NGOs;
- Experience in providing training on MEAL processes and tools;
- A full understanding of child protection-related issues and approaches concerning collecting sensitive information from programme participants and stakeholders;
- Regional experience and knowledge is an advantage.
The duration of the consultancy is estimated to be for 20 days starting from 15 January/ 1 February 2024 until 30 April 2024 (can be negotiated). The consultant is expected to work for 20 days over the period.
The financial proposal should include all incurred expenditures, including travelling costs. Please note that the consultant will be responsible for paying income taxes and any other due taxes as per applicable national legislation. CONCORDIA can support with the travel arrangements.
Interested consultants are invited to submit their applications, including a detailed CV, a cover letter, and a proposal outlining their approach to achieving the objectives outlined in this TOR. Applications should be sent to Ms Eva Okonofua, email@example.com, by December 8, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview (online or offline). Applications which do not include the financial offer will not be considered.
More detailed in this ToR.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Caritas Cehia în Moldova anunță concurs de selectare a unui expert (e) pentru dezvoltarea și coordonarea unui plan de sustenabilitate pentru serviciile medicale de îngrijire la domiciliu
- ADMA anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției vacante de Specialist principal / Specialistă principală în Secția dezvoltare și cooperare externă
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de consilier/ă juridic/ă, Direcția generală asistență juridică
- Project Finance Associate (NPSA-7) - Green Transition Project
- Action against Hunger is hiring an Accountant Book keeper
- Oficiul Avocatului Poporului anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției publice de Consultant/ă principal/ă în cadrul Reprezentanței Bălți
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert/ă principal/ă responsabil/ă de supraveghere TIC și securitatea informației
- Programme Associate (GS6) - OHCHR - 14021
- Call for expression of interest: Assistants (three positions) of the EU High Level Advisers on Agri-Food Sector Development; Internal Security Affairs; Financial Services