Lifting Hands International is looking for a Center Manager to start in Balti, Moldova in December 2023 and commit for at least six months. This is an ideal role for someone considering a future career in humanitarian aid or nonprofit work in a similar role who is excited about the opportunity to make a large impact at a small and growing NGO.
Lifting Hands International has been operating a Community Center in Balti, Moldova since March 2023. We work with a population of refugees & asylum seekers from Ukraine as well as participants from the local population, providing a range of psychosocial support programs. The program we provide 5 days per week includes various educational and recreational activities for both children and adults.
We are looking for someone who is hands-on, flexible and enjoys supporting the different activities and programs in the community center.
As Center Manager, you work closely with the Director of Operations and Program Manager to support the members of the LHI volunteer team and to ensure the health and success of the center.
The focus of the role is on the development of partnerships and management of collaborations, the procurement of center and activity supplies, the coordination of external communication as well as ensuring a smooth and safe working environment for participants and team.
Procurement: Supply of materials for the center and activities.
Contributing to the organization of events, including providing logistical support to activities in the center.
Partnerships: Developing the network of partners, public institutions, stakeholders, and private entities involved in the implementation of the project, sharing best practices, and informing operational decisions.Collaborating with the Program Manager on the development of activities at the center, in line with LHI vision and in consideration of partnership growth.
External Communication: Line management & collaboration with the Communications Coordinator in external communication and social media promotion.
Administration: Providing technical and administrative support in the community center to ensure program activities and operations run smoothly.
Safety & Security: Ensuring the safeguarding, safety, and security protocols are followed and updated.
Monitoring: Overseeing the monitoring of program participation and surveying the interests and needs of the target population.
Updating the Director of Operations on developments on a regular basis.
Carrying out any other tasks directly related to the implementation and evaluation of activities as required.
Minimum six-month commitment
At least 1-year experience in a coordination role
Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
Previous experience in people management in a multicultural team
Proven ability to work in a self-directed way without constant supervision
Fluent in English, Russian language
Fluent in Ukrainian, Romanian language
Relevant degree(s) in a related field
Understanding of the implementation of Psycho-Social-Support programs
Potential to stay on the team for 6-12 months
International Drivers License
Five-day work week + full week break after every 6 to 8 weeks of work
A monthly stipend of 600 EUR
To apply, please fill out this application https://forms.gle/uD16aQ2PUyY8ngHP7
To learn more about Lifting Hands International in Moldova, Ukraine, and around the globe, visit our site at www.lhi.org
Please send any questions to our Director of Operations, Roman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alte anunturi de angajare
- CCR MD is hiring a Project Manager
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova/ Joint Project Emergency support for agri-producers in the context of socio-economic and energy crisis and top-ups from SDC and Japan Supplementary Budget
- Selectarea unui/unei consultante în scopul elaborării programului de educație parentală pentru părinții romi
- Asociația Obștească Prietena Mea este în căutarea unui psiholog/unei psiholoage pentru organizarea unor discuții de grup cu părinții și îngrijitorii copiilor cu dizabilități
- Concurs de selectare a unui psiholog și a unui jurist/avocat în domeniul prevenirii violenței asupra femeilor în etate
- UNICEF Moldova: Programme Associate, GS-6 (FT)_for Moldova nationals/residents only - recruitment for 2 posts
- UNICEF Moldova: National Individual Consultancy for the Development of the Policy Document on Digitalization of the Education Sector
- Project Component Manager (Multiple Post) (NPSA-9) - UNDP Moldova/Energy Transition
- Termen extins: Tdh Moldova anunță vacantă poziția de Asistent/ă Logistică
- Finance Analyst/Head of Finance Unit (NOA) – UNDP Moldova Country Office