Programme Manager on Social Protection is responsible for effective planning, coordination and implementation of the interventions in the area of social policies in support of the UNFPA Country Programme for the Republic of Moldova.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s Strategic Plan for 2022- 2025, focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In the Republic of Moldova, UNFPA is implementing its fourth Country Programme for 2023-2027, which is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2023 – 2027 for the Republic of Moldova. In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff who embody these international norms and standards and will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire, and deliver high-impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, and exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to delivering excellence in project results.
Programme Manager on Social Protection leads the effective implementation and ensures synergy of UNFPA humanitarian-development interventions to strengthen social protection system and social inclusion of vulnerable people, including older people, people with disabilities, refugees, survivors of gender based violence, and other groups. The incumbent is undertaking a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management, implementation, and monitoring of interventions and activities in close coordination and under the direct supervision of the UNFPA Programme Analyst on Population and Development. The Programme Manager will supervise the UNFPA Finance and Administrative Coordinator.
Programme Manager is closely working with the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection, local public authorities, E-Government, civil society organizations, UN agencies, development partners, and donors, and other stakeholders working in the area of social protection.
As Programme Manager on Social Protection, you will be responsible for:
A. Ensuring efficient project result-based management:
- Coordinating and managing day-to-day interventions that support the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection in RESTART reform, to strengthen social inclusion and integration of vulnerable population, including refugees, in line with humanitarian-development nexus.
- Monitoring and ensuring that risks are identified and mitigated as part of programme management.
- Supporting establishment of social services and active ageing initiatives for older people, including programmes focused on building digital skills and access to social and health services.
- Supporting the development of family friendly policies at national and local level and manage UNFPA interventions in this area.
- Identifying key performance indicators as well as developing and maintaining a monitoring system to ensure effective information sharing, provision of feedback, and elaboration of top-quality progress reports.
- Within the strategic framework concerted with the national counterparts, preparing work plans reflecting the scope of activities, timing, sequencing, cost, and other inputs for implementing the project activities.
- Ensuring the effective management of human resources pertaining to the programme, including staff, consultants, and experts; conducting periodic performance appraisals; building, leading, and motivating a solid team of professionals; validating terms of reference for international and national consultants, etc.
- Managing efficiently the financial resources of the programmes, including budgeting, as well as expenditure tracking and reporting.
- Coordinating the work of implementing partners related to the programmes.
- Performing necessary operations in corporate ERP system(s).
- Leading and ensuring the implementation of the programmes work plan according to UNFPA rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Applying human rights and gender equality principles in programme planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Applying development-humanitarian-peace nexus in programming.
B. Ensuring efficient communication and collaboration with national and international counterparts:
- Liaising with the national and international counterparts (Ministry of Labour and Social Protection, E-Government, donors, and the UNFPA office to ensure that programme results are achieved, and programme resources are managed efficiently and effectively.
- Ensuring constructive regular communication, coordination, reporting to donors, supporting the project interventions, anticipating, and flagging any deviations from the work plans, and proposing solutions in coordination with UNFPA Programme Analyst on Population and Development.
- Supporting advocacy and resource mobilization strategy in the respective area by compiling and synthesizing relevant background material for use in discussions and public events, supporting the project proposals development, etc.
- Building partnerships with national and local public authorities, private sector, civil society organizations and others.
- Leading and coordinating the organization of meetings, workshops, conferences, trainings, study tours, and related activities relevant to the implementation of the project.
C. Ensuring high quality information and visibility of the programmes:
- Ensuring high-quality information and visibility of the programmes interventions and results to the mass media and stakeholders, including participation in TV shows.
- Advocating for and promoting programmes interventions by compiling and synthesizing relevant background materials, drafting project summaries, articles, publications, speeches, and presentations for delivery via journals, meetings, public events, and in other fora.
- Contributing to the creation and sharing of knowledge, by synthesizing and documenting findings, success stories, best practices, and lessons learned within the programmes area, to share with colleagues and partners, at the local and national levels.
- Carrying out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership, which contribute to the programme efficient implementation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- An advanced degree (minimum Master’s degree or equivalent) in social protection, public policies, social science, public management, population studies, law, and/or other related social science fields.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 (five) years of progressive working experience in management and implementation of projects and programmes and/or working in a relevant position to this post.
- Prior experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions, and/or NGOs, is desired.
- Extensive experience in working a multidisciplinary team and strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Romanian.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant to Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian, or sign language is an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda,
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships,
- Delivering results-oriented programmes,
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization.
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
- Providing strategic focus,
- Engaging in internal/external partners and stakeholders,
- Leading, developing and empowering people, creating a culture of performance
- Making decisions and exercising judgment
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing, or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters, or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic, or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received by 19 November 2023, 17.00 ET
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Development Results & Partnership Specialist (NOC) - UNDP Moldova Country Office
- UNICEF Moldova: Individual Consultancy to support the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection and Ministry of Education and Research in carrying out social policy reforms
- National Consultant on Judicial Statistics and Development of Judicial Information System
- Project Component Manager (Multiple Post) (NPSA-9) - UNDP Moldova/Energy Transition
- British Embassy Chisinau is hiring a Project Officer
- Termen extins: HelpAge International angajează Ofițer de Comunicare
- Short-Term Expert within Tender no. 83450721 - Assessment of project’s implementation mechanisms compliance with GIZ’s rules and processes, BMZ, EU and SDC requirements and OECD/DAC criteria
- ADMA anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției vacante de Contabil / Contabilă în Secția financiar administrativă
- Driver / Administrative Clerk - UNDP Moldova/PRIM Project
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului anunță concurs pentru postul de jurist principal (responsabil de achiziții publice), Secția juridica și achiziții