The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) is looking for Transportation / Field Clerk within European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM), according to the Terms of Reference below, to start on 1 January 2024.
Position Title: Transportation / Field Clerk
Duty Station: EUBAM Field Office Chisinau
Job Type: Full-time
Type of Appointment: Service Contract
Direct supervisor: Head of EUBAM Office in Moldova
Expected duration of assignment: 1 January - 30 November 2024, with possibility of extension
Closing Date: 21 November 2023
Subscriber monthly fee: EUR 1061
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of EOM, overall supervision of the Chief of Administration and in close coordination with the Senior Driver, the incumbent assists in smooth operation of the European Union Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM) in the Republic of Moldova. The Transportation / Field Clerk works in close collaboration with the Finance Specialist, HR Specialist, Procurement Specialist and Security Assistant of the EUBAM Admin Unit Chisinau, for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with IOM programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles through timely minor repairs, arrangements for other related repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Perform minor vehicle repairs, plans and arrange for other repairs, replacement, services and maintenance procedure as coordinated with the Head of EOM;
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, preparation of monthly summary of fuel consumption and relevant report to the Senior Driver;
- Keep records of consumables for the vehicles and conduct their monthly inventory check;
- Provide reliable and safe driving services by:
- driving Mission vehicles for the transport of EUBAM personnel;
- delivering / collecting mail, documents, pouches, equipment and other items as required;
- Meet official personnel at the airport and other entry points, facilitate immigration and customs formalities and provide city transfers as required;
- In close cooperation with the National Security Officer, take proper steps to reduce potential security threats to EUBAM officials or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes;
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, map of the city/country, first aid kit, tools, and consumables as per vehicle hand-over voucher in the assigned vehicle;
- Ensure that the steps required by applicable laws, rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement of the Mission vehicle in a traffic accident;
- Provide full and accurate event and accident reports as required;
- Ensure that the vehicles are kept clean;
- Ensure vehicle security;
- Ensure safe and timely driving for field trips in- or outside the country;
- Support procurement of goods and services within delegated level of authority;
- Provide minor repair services of the office equipment within delegated level of authority upon request of supervisor;
- Assisting the supervisor in overall office facilities management by providing supplies of spare parts and consumables upon request of supervisor;
- Provide logistical and administrative support as required;
- Ensure due care of premises, equipment, vehicles (including their spare parts, consumables, keys etc.), supplies and other property that is entrusted to him/her;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent;
- Vocational school diploma in economics or procurement is an asset;
- Valid driver’s license of at least category B;
- Five (5) years’ work experience as a driver;
- Experience of work for international organizations is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of applicable Traffic Rules of Republic of Moldova;
- Skills in minor and emergency vehicle repair;
- Safe driving record;
- Fluency in Romanian, knowledge of spoken English is a mandatory requirement;
- Basic knowledge of office software (MS Word/Excel/Outlook/Internet Explorer) is an asset.
Email your IOM Personal History form (http://eubam.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Personal-History-Form.xls) and cover letter in English to the following email address email@example.com. Please accurately submit all tabs in PHF.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for applications 21 November 2023; however, interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Local Administrator Specialist
- Project Analyst (NPSA-8) - Digital Transformation in Public Sector Project
- ADMA anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției vacante de Specialist principal / Specialistă principală în Secția dezvoltare și cooperare externă
- Policy Specialist
- Dreamups angajează: Expert/ă în Managementul Administrativ
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de contabil coordonator, responsabil de operațiuni monetar-valutare
- CCR MD is hiring a Project Manager
- GIZ - Financial Specialist
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, Direcția dezvoltarea supravegherii altor instituții financiare