The Administrative Associate position is located in the UNFPA Moldova Country Office (CO) in Chisinau. The incumbent will be part of the operations team and will work under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager (OM)providing administrative, logistical and secretarial support, maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment; maintenance of protocol procedures, information flow and follow up on deadlines and commitments made.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022- 2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals. In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.’ UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Administrative Associate delivers quality services in HR, administration, logistics and procurement to internal and external clients mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. The incumbent takes a client-oriented results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, providing support and guidance to the CO and UNFPA-supported projects. Supervises clerical and support staff.
You would be responsible for:
A. Management of CO and UNFPA-supported projects’ operational requirements:
- Adapts processes and procedures, anticipates and contributes to the management of operational requirements of programme/ project inputs in terms of contracts, equipment, customs/asset/vehicle management, and other programme and project-related events to facilitate programme/ project delivery.
- Contributes to the implementation of operational strategies through full compliance of administrative activities with UNFPA rules, regulations and policies.
- Proposes procedures to improve internal controls and efficiency and respond to audit issues with regards to administration, procurement and asset management.
- Supports recruitment and selection process applying best practice HR tools and mechanisms.
- Implements corporate systems and applications in support of country office operations, creates systems and mechanisms for effective management of UNFPA resources, and advises and trains project staff.
- Effectively executes and coordinates protocol matters, registration of staff, liaison with local authority on administrative matters.
- Reviews procurement requests and coordinates procurement procedures (including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation) for office and project equipment, supplies and services in a transparent and cost-effective manner; recommends procurement decisions.
- Administers the petty cash system and ensures appropriate record keeping.
- Supervises clerical and support staff.
B. Management of UN common premises/services:
- Contributes to the smooth running of the office by ensuring provision and maintenance of services and supplies, managing contracts, following-up processes and maintaining upto-date records.
- Monitors effective implementation of common service contracts, reviews and prepares material for common system activities relating to common services and premises, cost recovery, privileges and immunities, entitlement and salary surveys, security etc.
C. ERP Functions and Roles
- Performing relevant ERP profile for issuing of purchase orders concerning procurement of services/goods and travel related costs.
- Actively support Quantum transition process D. Other tasks
- Carry out UNFPA security related functions and act as focal point as delegated.
- Undertakes other financial and administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- Qualifications and Experience: Education:
- Completed Secondary Level Education required.
- First level university degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Six years of relevant experience in administration, finance or office management required
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems required
- Working experience with an international organization is an advantage
- Familiarity with UN procedures and working methods is an advantage
- Experience in organizing events is an advantage
- Experience in processing payments is an advantage
- Knowledge of Atlas/PeopleSoft/Quantum or other ERP application is an advantage
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing cultural diversity
- Embracing change
- Providing procurement services
- Ensuring facilities and assets management
- Managing data, documents, correspondence and reports
- Managing information and work flow
- Planning, organizing and multitasking
- Supporting financial data analysis
- Providing strategic focus
- Engaging internal/external partners and stakeholders
- Leading, developing and empowering people/ creating a culture of performance
- Making decisions and exercising judgment
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
Compensation and Benefits:
The United Nations Population Fund offers you an attractive remuneration package with competitive pay and benefits. Staff members in General Staff Category that are locally recruited are compensated in accordance with the best prevailing conditions of service locally. You can learn more about tax exemption, allowances and benefits, holidays and leave, health insurance, and retirement pension of GS staff on the UN Careers website or the United Nations website.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm.
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received by 19 October 2023, 17.00 ET
Alte anunturi de angajare
- UNFPA Programme Associate, SC, SB3.3, Chisinau, Moldova
- Centrul de Drept al Femeilor anunță concurs pentru selectarea unui expert/e, a unui grup de experte/ți pentru acordarea serviciilor de instruire și mentorat în domeniul inițierii și dezvoltării activităților generatoare de venit
- Asociația Moldox te caută pe tine, Administrator în organizația noastră care aduce schimbării sociale!
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de contabil coordonator, responsabil de operațiuni monetar-valutare
- Centrul de Drept al Avocatilor is looking for legal counsellors position to support the “Legal assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers and stateless persons in Moldova” projects.
- National Consultant to carry out an analytical research on the applicability and functionality of the “Standards of the Professional Competence of the Managers from General Education”
- Extended Deadline: UNFPA Communication Manager on PD, Chisinau, Moldova, Service Contract (SB4.3)
- Centrul de Drept al Avocatilor angajeaza consilier juridic in Hagimus
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului anunță concurs pentru funcția de specialist principal, Secția formare antreprenorială
- Project Communications Analyst (NPSA-8) – UNDP Moldova/Green Transition