The Humanitarian Communications Analyst will advise on and assist in developing and implementing the UNFPA Humanitarian’s Communications and Advocacy strategy/plan, including by analyzing relevant political, social and economic developments.
You will work in close collaboration with the CO programme staff and Humanitarian team, exchanging information and supporting smooth delivery and visibility of humanitarian response.
The Humanitarian Communication Analyst will report to the UNFPA Communication Analyst and maintain collaborative relationships with all programme and project staff at the UNFPA Moldova CO, including UNFPA Representative, Programme Analysts, Project Managers and the CO’s programme/technical team and Humanitarian Team. You will also maintain collaborative relationships with external contacts including other UN agencies, donors, the UNFPA Regional and HQ Offices.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA Moldova is actively involved in the humanitarian refugee response to the Ukrainian crises, supporting the women and girls’ refugees to access quality health services, including sexual and reproductive health, psychosocial support, gender-based violence /post-rape care and referral services.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
You will advise on and assist in developing and implementing the UNFPA Humanitarian’s Communications and Advocacy strategy/plan, including by analyzing relevant national and regional political, social and economic developments.
You would be responsible for:
Communication and visibility:
- Monitors and analyses the political, social and economic environment relevant to UNFPA’s humanitarian work, as well as the public perception of UNFPA in the media and general public;
- Ensures regular UNFPA inputs into the global and regional Ukraine Response Situation Response, Moldova Inter-Agency Reports on the Refugee Response Plan and other Situation Reports.
- Ensures developing and maintaining close collaboration with traditional media, as well as UNFPA Implementing Partners, UN Communication Group, and other organizations essential to achieving UNFPA’s humanitarian objectives;
- Drafts, edits, coordinates articles, press releases, human interest stories, social media content, video materials, and other information materials regarding UNFPA humanitarian work;
- Ensures regular updates of the UNFPA Moldova web-site and social media channels with results achieved by UNFPA Humanitarian;
- Maintains close relationships with Humanitarian team, and extracts key-results and strategic information and communicates it to external audiences, in the best suited format;
- Coordinates with Humanitarian and other programme teams to prepare background communication and promotional materials about UNFPA humanitarian support for briefings and visits of international journalists, donors, senior government officials and other groups;
- Helps organize and generate public support for special events, such as equipment donation to maternities, launch and special events at the Orange Safe Spaces, and other similar opportunities;
- Coordinates, monitors and ensures the implementation of an awareness prevention campaign on GBV/Sexual Violence in the context of the refugee response;
- Attend weekly coordination meetings with UNFPA Regional and HQ Communication teams to update on country developments in the humanitarian response.
- Assists and provides communication and visibility support to high-level delegations and visits to Moldova, with a scope to document UNFPA work on the ground;
- Ensures coordination and oversight of the development of compelling advocacy and communication materials (e.g., films, infographics, podcasts, video, audio-visual, etc.) about UNFPA work regarding refugee humanitarian response. Collaborate with regional office and HQ to promote the content to regional and global audiences;
- Plan and conduct field missions to UNFPA supported refugee centres to document the situation on the ground and help generate visibility around it;
- Undertake other similar tasks and activities, as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Prior experience in the field of communication and advocacy on social issues would be desirable.
- More than two years of experience in the field of communication and advocacy with governments, parliamentarians, CSOs, donors is an advantage.
- Familiarity with UN procedures and working methods is an advantage.
- Experience in advocacy and communication material development is an advantage.
- Experience in managing social media accounts is an advantage.
- Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Ukrainian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, or sign language would be an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilisation
Compensation and Benefits:
The United Nations Population Fund offers you an attractive remuneration package with competitive pay and benefits. Staff members in National Officer Category that are locally recruited are compensated in accordance with the best prevailing conditions of service locally. You can learn more about tax exemption, allowances and benefits, holidays and leave, health insurance, and retirement pension of NO staff on the UN Careers website or the United Nations website.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received by 18 October 2023, 17.00 ET
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Communications Assistant, IOM Moldova
- Protection officer
- Project Manager (NPSA-10) – UNDP Moldova/Energy Transition - 14979
- UPDATE - termen limită - 29 ianuarie - Dreamups angajează: Expert/ă în Managementul Administrativ
- Project Associate (Roster NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova Projects - 16276
- Coordonatorul programului EECMD, Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert consultant, Direcția dezvoltarea supravegherii altor instituții financiare
- PR&Communication Manager/ ZIPHOUSE Fashion Innovation Hub
- Programme Associate (GS6) - OHCHR - 14021
- Senior Energy Efficiency expert (M/W)