Job title: Communication Officer
Contract type: Local (full-time)
Starting date: ASAP
Contract duration: until June 30, 2024
Salary: 30036 MDL gross
Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
Application deadline: October 6, 2023
GENERAL CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND:
HELVETAS is the largest Swiss nongovernmental organization with a dual mandate for long term development and humanitarian response. It has been present in Moldova since 2018 implementing projects in the field of market systems development in the field of agriculture.
In the coming months, HELVETAS plans to implement the project aiming at advanced socioeconomic integration of Ukrainian refugees and vulnerable Moldovans to increase independence from humanitarian assistance while promoting resilience and self-reliance for vulnerable populations.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Communication Officer creates communication strategy and content to ensure a high visibility of the program activities and results. Communication Officer contributes to the development of communication channels using traditional media and social platforms. Communication Officer prepares content, promotion materials, training materials, leaflets, and other visibility materials as per program need and specific outputs. Communication Officer supports Government Officials on the creation and rollout of information strategy and campaign to increase awareness of support available for vulnerable populations including Ukrainian refugees.
Objective 1: Communication Strategy & Information
- Develops and implements communications strategies & work-plans, campaigns, events and other initiatives, ensuring alignment with the global communications priorities of HELVETAS.
- With minimum supervision, implements relevant activities and develops tools and content for: operational communication, community engagement, environment scanning, interaction with public affairs and resource mobilization.
- Leads a data collection and analysis on preferred communication channels and pathways among target audience.
- Plans and organizes an awareness raising campaigns based on the conducted data collection and analysis.
- Supports Team Leader and Project Manager in networking with relevant stakeholders and represent the HELVETAS to various audiences
- Maintains relationships with media to support positioning and strategic visibility, gathers content and editorial information related to the delegation. Develops and maintains social media accounts as relevant.
- Follows political, security, military and humanitarian developments, as well as other issues relevant to the HELVETAS perception and capacity to operate in the geographical area covered, contributing to the analysis.
- Interprets and translates from and into the local language to support communication programmes when required.
- Provides technical and administrative support to the Programme and M&E teams (e.g. stock management, event organization) when required.
- Supports communication-related training and coaching for field-structure staff and/or other departments when needed.
- Prepares and overseas the communications budgets under supervision of Emergency Programme Coordinator and Head of Finance and Administration.
- Identify new innovative ways to communicate with advocacy, operations and programme colleagues to identify information gaps on the ground
Objective 2: Visibility & Representation
- Prepares project visibility materials (flayers, leaflets, articles, case study, success stories)
- Assists capacity building activities, social cohesion and awareness raising activities (trainings, meetings, roundtables, job fair, dialogue session etc.)
- Researches, prepares fact-checks, edits, and produces professional media and communications materials for various audiences and ensuring their timely dissemination and amplification via HELVETAS and non-HELVETAS communications channels at country level.
- Prepares content and explanation materials regarding grant component of the project.
- Work closely with the program teams on the design and production of campaign materials for maximum impact.
- Work with project teams to create and regularly update project profiles.
- Support in managing media visits and member office requests.
Objective 3: Data collection and reporting
- Coordinates data collection and recoding regarding the project indicators and the potential beneficiaries.
- Reports to the Emergency Programme Coordinator and/or Emergency Response Representative regarding challenges and obstacles that may impact the overall implementation of project activities.
- Reports daily activities, incidents and achievements.
- Approves the use of materials and possible improvements.
- Supports in the design, implementation and/or monitoring of any activity relevant for the projects.
- Coordinates and monitors the writing of the reports as per donor’s requirements.
- Maintains an accurate reporting and data management of the activities
Objective 4: Security
- Evaluate the risks related to project implementation and take designs mitigation measures.
- Respects the security rules specified in the mission and the base security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
- Communicates to the management about any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan.
Objective 5: Support all HELVETAS activities
- Supports any activity that helps achieving HELVETAS programme’s outcomes as per the employee`s capacities.
- Participate in new assessments
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Academic qualifications in journalism, public relations, social sciences, economics or related field.
- Flexible work attitude and ability to work independently within a small team but also coordinate partnership workloads of staff not under your direct line management.
- Ability to present information logically, clearly and concisely.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse and cross-cultural audience.
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Romanian and Russian. Ukrainian will be an advantage
- At least 2-3 years of experience in one of the following fields: Communication Officer, Content Creator, Social Media Manager.
- Experience working on projects targeting vulnerable people.
- Experience in (I)NGOs or institutions (public/private) especially focused on education, employment, personal development.
- Experience in organizing meetings, information and learning sessions.
- Experience writing articles and reports, creating content, training and visibility materials.
Please mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Send your application (resume and cover letter) in English to HR.Moldova@helvetas.org.
Please indicate in the subject line the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
*All of the information you provide during the application process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. It will be held securely by us whether the information is in electronic or physical format.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Project Component Manager (Multiple Post) (NPSA-9) - UNDP Moldova/Energy Transition
- Helvetas is hiring Field Officer
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de monitorizarea riscurilor și raportare
- HelpAge International angajează Expert(ă) în domeniul violenței în bază de gen
- Programme Associate (GS6) - OHCHR Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal/ă analiză risc sistemic
- UNFPA Programme Analyst on GBV, NO-B (FTA), Chisinau, Moldova
- UNDP Moldova: Programme Manager (NPSA10) - Addressing the impacts of energy crisis and initiating solutions toward energy security and addressing energy poverty/FPI (EU-funded project)