The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
We offer a post of Project Officer in the Cooperation Section. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Project Officer – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function, the successful candidate, under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Section, will monitor, report, coordinate and manage the implementation of projects and programmes of development assistance and of financial and technical cooperation; will lead on horizontal coordination in particular of programming, the Team Europe initiatives, the EIP flagships as well as the Moldova Support Platform and other coordination platforms, including strategic partnerships such as with the EU member states, other major stakeholders including the UN resident coordinator and UN country team.
Duration: Indefinite contract subject to a successful probation period
Place of employment: EU Delegation in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova.
Working hours: 37.5 hours/week.
Local Agent position: Group I.
Minimum Monthly Basic gross salary: 2.016 Euro
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
We look for motivated candidates who can demonstrate the following:
Qualifications: Recognised University Degree Education (minimum Bachelor’s degree)
Professional experience: at least 2 years in the domains: EU affairs and policy work, programming and planning; external cooperation and development. Experience of project management and in an international environment would be considered as assets.
- Excellent PC skills, particularly with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to deliver output of highest standard under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Consistent attention to detail
- Ability to conceptualise problems, identify and implement solutions
- Capacity to analyse and structure information
- Ability to communicate technical or specialised information
- Capacity to present issues to an audience
- Drafting skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a proactive and autonomous way
- Flexibility (openness towards new demands, etc.)
- Capacity to deliver in a structured way
- Planning capacity
- Ability to work in a team
- Diplomatic skills
Excellent command of English
A full job-description is attached here.
How to apply?
Please send your application and supporting documents to Delegationfirstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating for which post you apply.
The package should include a short Cover Letter in English and a detailed CV using the English language template available here.
After the deadline, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. Short-listed candidates will be invited to a job interview followed by a written test.
This post is a local-agent post. Applicants must be residents of the Republic of Moldova.
Deadline for submission
11 October 2023 by 18:00h local time. Late applications will not be accepted.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone. Please address any queries to Delegationemail@example.com.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Selectarea unui/unei consultante în scopul elaborării programului de educație parentală pentru părinții romi
- Inginer junior în domeniul ingineriei civile
- Peace Corps: Security Guard
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de jurisconsult/ă coordonator/oare, pe durata determinată, Direcția avizare juridică și contencios
- Programme Associate (GS7) - UNDP Country Office Moldova
- Inginer junior în domeniul energiei electrice
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de jurisconsult/ă principal/ă responsabil/ă de legislație bancară
- Terre des hommes este în căutare de un/o Asistent/ă logistică în Moldova
- Bioinginer Companie Internațională
- Project Assistant (NPSA-5) - UNDP Moldova Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM)