Performance Management Advisor, Data for Impact (D4I) Moldova
Palladium is a global company working to design, develop and deliver positive impact on the lives and livelihoods of people around the globe; broaden access to health, water, power, and infrastructure; build enduring, sustainable, and transformative institutions and market systems to address global challenges; and conserve the natural world. We operate in over 90 countries and have a workforce of 4,000 talented, motivated, and diverse staff of all religions, races, languages, and gender identities.
Palladium is seeking a Performance Management Advisor to join a team of three advisors supporting the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection (MOLSP) to implement a Performance Management Framework (PMF) in the social assistance system, as part of the recently launched reform RESTART (https://social.gov.md/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Reforma-sistemului-de-asistenta-sociala_FINAL-1.pdf).
Data for Impact (D4I) is a global USAID’s multi-million dollar project, which is implemented in the Republic of Moldova by Palladium, a member of a consortium led by University of North Carolina. D4I’s mission is to support countries to realize the power of data as evidence that can improve programs, policies, and outcomes.
In Moldova, D4I is working with the MOLSP on developing a child protection information system and strengthening the data collection and use of information for decision making, with a focus on social assistance reforms and child protection. D4I is also mentoring the territorial social assistance structures to strengthen their monitoring and evaluation (M&E)/data use capacity and partnering with local universities and technical colleges on M&E curriculum development initiatives. Building on the knowledge of the child protection system and relationships formed with the government and its partners, D4I is also facilitating activities around use of data to inform decision making and improve the quality of life of Ukrainian refugees currently in Moldova and of their host communities.
The goal of introducing performance management in the social assistance system is to improve its responsiveness, accountability, and cost-effectiveness to deliver better for people. This means that decisions of the MOLSP and of the soon-to-be-established territorial social assistance agencies (TSAAs) are aligned with strategic goals and based on robust data and intelligence; performance is embedded in business processes of MOLSP and TSAA (policy making, legislation, oversight, methodological support, human resources policies, budgeting, reporting, internal and public communication and dissemination); and performance information is used to empower staff and enable self-management.
The Performance Management Advisor will assist D4I in the development and implementation of performance management in the social assistance system under the leadership of the MOLSP.
S/he will have demonstrated performance management experience in Moldova or region, ideally in the area of social assistance.
Type of position, place and period:
Full-time position based in Chisinau, Moldova.
Period: September 2023-August 2024, with the possibility of extension
You and Your Career:
If you are a problem-solver, collaborator, and doer, and you have expertise in managing performance, we are interested in hearing from you. We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career!
Reporting and Supervision:
The Performance Management Advisor will report to the High-Level Performance Management Advisor and to D4I Chief of Party in Moldova.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with the MOLSP and under the leadership of the High-Level Advisor on Performance Management Advisor, support the organization and delivery of orientation workshop(s) on performance to the Quality and Performance Management Specialists and other relevant staff of the TSAAs.
- Under the leadership of the High-Level Advisor on Performance Management Advisor, contribute to the development of the PMF, in particular of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), in partnership with the MOLSP and Quality and Performance Management Specialists in TSAAs.
- Provide technical support for the development and testing of a performance tracking tool and interactive dashboards, including peer benchmarking to track performance across TSAAs.
- Participate in the workshops on indicators prioritizing and target setting for TSAAs based on the results of the gap analysis conducted by the MOLSP and strategic development plans of TSAAs.
- Co-facilitate a modular training program for TSAA on Results-Based Management (RBM) and performance management, followed by mentorship, in collaboration with the RBM advisor.
- Guide the TSAAs in the collection of qualitative and quantitative performance data, according to SOP.
- Provide guidance to TSAAs on conducting quarterly data review and performance meetings to identify progress, trends, anomalies, issues, and performance acceleration needs, as well as to provide feedback, improve performance and incentivize.
- Under the leadership of the High-Level Advisor on Performance Management Advisor, work closely with the human resources working group of RESTART reform to align the institutional/TSAA key performance indicators with the individual performance indicators, supervisors’ role in managing performance, performance assessment
- Actively participate in the meetings of the RESTART working group on performance management and the meetings organized by the MOLSP as requested by the High-Level Advisor on Performance Management Advisor.
Key Competencies Required:
- University degree in social science (economics, law, sociology, social work, psychology), business administration, or international development; master’s degree in human resources management preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing performance management frameworks in the public sector, ideally in the social assistance systems.
- Proven experience in staff performance assessment.
- At least five years of experience in the planning and delivery of trainings and mentoring of public servants and other staff working in the public sector.
- Knowledge of the social assistance legal and institutional framework in the Republic of Moldova.
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective communication and interaction within the project and with external stakeholders.
- Expertise in introducing performance management processes and tools in the public sector e.g., design of competency frameworks, setting key performance indicators, and measuring results.
- Ability to implement structured performance management processes and SOPs that support goal achievement at institutional and individual level in the public sector.
- Strong communications, writing, and oral presentation skills in English and Romanian.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion - Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything it does. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success, and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodation to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Applications will close on September 20, 2023.
PLEASE APPLY AT THIS LINK: https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/20241?c=palladium
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Senior Finance Officer
- Redactor/redactoare-coordonatoare pentru seria de carte: manuale și auxiliare didactice
- Education Pedagogy Specialist
- UN House Receptionist (NPSA-4) - Common Services Account Project UN House
- Departamentul Cooperare Internaționala, USM anunță concurs pentru funcția de specialist în comunicare în Oficiul Proiecte și Granturi
- Procurement Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Dniester Project
- Extended deadline: NDI Moldova Job Vacancy, Senior Program Assistant - Democratization
- Centrul de Drept al Femeilor anunță concurs pentru selectarea unei companii sociologice în vederea elaborării studiului sociologic „Bărbații și egalitatea de gen în Republica Moldova 2024”
- Координатор Детского Центра Цифрового Обучения, неполный рабочий день, Анений Ной
- Координатор для Детского Дружественного Пространства, неполный рабочий день, Aнений Ной