Work Location: OHCHR - MOLDOVA
Expected duration: 15 Sep 2023 - 31 August 2024
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will be engaged for a period of 53 days in the period from September 2023 until August 2024, and will have the following tasks:
1. To convene civil society from both banks of Nistru/Dniester River - jointly and facilitate interaction and exchange of experiences with countering hate speech.
2. Train civil society on the international standards of hate speech, including regional European and UN standards; Provide training and follow-up coaching on how to identify, monitor, register and report cases of hate speech.
3. Work with selected civil society organisations from both banks to enable them to jointly organize effective advocacy to duty bearers, and public awareness raising activities.
4. To analyse the regulatory framework on the Left Bank of Nistru/Dniester River and its compliance with international standards on countering hate speech.
5. To draft a Roadmap for tackling hate speech in the Left Bank.
6. To convene stakeholders in the Left Bank, and work with them to enhance their responses to cases of hate speech.
Result of Service
- Number of products, plans and proposals developed by Consultant in cooperation with the Project Coordinator.
- Number and quality of conducted awareness actions developed awareness materials specific to the training sessions assigned.
- Relevance of content of the developed plan and awareness materials, products.
- Number and quality workshops conducted based on feed-back of participants;
- Quality of the final report, outlining all work conducted.
- Advanced University degree in Law, human rights, development studies, other social sciences or relevant field of education. A Bachelor’s degree and adequate work experience will be recognized instead of advanced degree. Any diploma’s, certificates related to hate speech awareness are considered an asset.
- 4 years of experience of working with indigenous peoples and local communities, climate change, environment, natural resources management and biodiversity and environmental defenders
- At least 4 years of experience working on matters related to hate speech, inciting discrimination, including monitoring and reporting.
- At least 3 years of experience in raising awareness, advocacy and/or capacity-building of professional audiences, including civil society in Moldova.
Fluency in oral and written Russian and Romanian is required. Working knowledge of English is desirable. Professional fluency in English would be considered an advantage
How to apply
To apply for this position, please acces this webpage https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=216830&Lang=en-US
Deadline: 9 September 2023
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- NDI is seeking to recruit Program Assistants (Two Positions Available)
- Call for proposal : Strengthening trust, integrity and compliance between and in SMEs and public sector in Moldova (STIC)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă coordonator/oare analiză risc sistemic
- USAID/Moldova Job Vacancy Announcement - Project Management Specialist Global Health Security
- Diaconia angajează Analist financiar
- America House Chișinău angajează Manager Evenimente
- Extended Deadline: Programme Manager on Social Protection, SB4.3, Chisinau, Moldova
- UNFPA Programme Analyst on GBV, NO-B (FTA), Chisinau, Moldova
- UNDP Moldova: Project Associate (NPSA6) - Sustainable and Resilient Communities through Women Empowerment Project
- UNFPA Programme Analyst on SRH, NO-B (FTA), Chisinau, Moldova