The Ministry of Labour and Social Protection (MLSP) is responsible for providing a range of social services and transfers to the population of Moldova. The MLSP is committed to improving the efficiency and effectiveness of its services, and to ensuring that they provide value for money.
As part of the FCDO -funded Moldova/Regional Technical Assistance Facility (MRTAF), the consultant will be responsible for the development and implementation of a communication strategy.
The Government of Moldova is committed to reforming its public sector, including its social protection system. The RESTART reform programme is a key part of this effort. The programme aims to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the social protection system, and to make it more accessible to those who need it most.
The Ministry of Labour and Social Protection has approved the establishment of a Technical Assistance Team to be based within the Ministry to support the implementation of the RESTART reform programme.
We are looking for a communication expert to develop and implement a communications strategy for the RESTART reform programme in the MLSP.
Recipient of services:
The consultant will report to the MRTAF Team Leader on a regular basis and where required, directly to MLSP. The consultant will also produce a final report on the implementation of the consultancy.
Scope and responsibilities of the role:
The consultant will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Developing communication strategy for the MLSP for the RESTART reform
- Implementing the communication strategy
- Drafting media statements
- Answering media inquiries
- Reviewing and summarising press and broadcast material that relate to the project’s work
- Compiling publications
- Planning events and press conferences
- Aligning communications and promotional activities with business goals of MLSP
- Communicating processes, strategies and outcomes with executives and stakeholders
- Developing and publishing press releases, case studies or business proposals
- Managing internal communications (memos, newsletters etc.)
- Drafting content (e.g. press releases) for mass media or company website
- Building and maintaining relationships with journalists and key external role-players
- Keep all materials confidential
Competencies of expert/team
The consultant will have the following qualifications:
- Degree in journalism, communications or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in communications in journalism, broadcast media, commercial, public sector, international or NGO environment
- High calibre interpersonal skills and ability to network with a wide spectrum of stakeholder groups
- Expert communicator verbally and in writing
- Good writing skills in in English and Romanian
- Ability to problem-solve, think creatively and organise workflow
- Experience developing strategic communication plans in partnership with key stakeholders and executing them from start to finish.
- Experience working on cross-functional communications (PR, social, events) teams and/or in agency environments.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate impact of communication strategy and initiatives
The funding for this consultancy is available for full time work until March 31st 2024.
Please send CV and Covering letter to Sharon_Hall@dai.com
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Programme Associate (GS7) - UNDP Country Office
- Driver / Administrative Clerk - UNDP Moldova/PRIM Project
- UNFPA Communication Manager Youth Programmes, Chisinau, Moldova (Service Contract, SB4.3)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă
- Programme Officer for the Swedish Red Cross
- Termen extins: Centrul CONTACT angajează expert/expertă sau grup de experți în elaborarea de metodologie și livrare de training în domeniul colectării de fonduri
- Programme Associate (GS6) - OHCHR - 14021
- UNDP Moldova: Communication Analyst (NPSA8) - Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM) Project
- Project Analyst (NPSA-8) - Digital Transformation in Public Sector Project
- Programme Assistant, Branch Development and Volunteer Management for International Federation of the Red Cross